exhausted pedals

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
my board as of now

http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/pedals1.JPG

seiko tuner
voodoo lab pedal power

boss ns-2 noise suppressor (old japanese one)
boss ls-2 line selector (acoustic/electric/tuner)
boss oc-2 octaver (old japanese one)
voodoo lab microvibe
voodoo lab sparkle drive
line6 dl4 delay modeller
dod fx96 analog delay

wide angle with the channel switcher for my pod
http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/pedals2.JPG
my old digitech rp10 in the top corner

all the unused crap
http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/pedals3.JPG

boss volume
vox wah
dunlop 535Q wah
danelectro dan-echo delay
danelectro fabtone distortion
EH big muff pi (broken)
morley AB box (broken)
dod fx25b envelope filter
lr baggs acoustic DI box
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    How do you like your OC-2? I've been thinking about getting that or a similar type.

My pipe dream was a captain coconut 2 but it's like $400 or so. fuzz/octave/something else I think
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the octaver is fun. i really like the fact you can blend dry/1octave/2octave together. i've done passable bass simulations with it. i did a recording with virtually everything passed through the OC-2. guitar, keyboard, everything.

however, this pedal can only handle single notes. it can't track chords at all. so it's only good for single string riffs or solos.

hit a chord and it'll just sound like mush.

it also has trouble tracking the very low E/F/F#. it will wobble between tones. kind of an interesting effect but not always desired.

i believe mike briefly had an oc-2 on his board for the ghost solo. he's changed it now though.
    Do you know of any octavers that can do chords?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    the only other thing i've used is the pitchshifter in my digitech. it works well but doesn't have the option for two tones around the dry signal so doesn't sound nearly as thick.

but that's it for my experience. sorry.

a good bet may be to to look at the reviews of the oc-2 on http://www.harmony-central.com.

they may mention alternatives to the oc-2.
  • jdesko23jdesko23 Posts: 32
    i like
    Thanks, I've used H-C before for the review database but I like being able to actually ask the person instead ojust reading ar eview. Most of my gear has come from people on HC. Very good site.

I really don;t even need one I guess...I can close enough with my ring mod. There's just too many damn effecst out there and I want to try them all!!!
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • I have a digitech Rp200 multi-effects processer.
    And i was a bit skeptical at first thinking for all the effects it has the distortions and wah must bust terrible, but suprising the wah is very nice and i like the stackd and tweed distortions, i recommend it for a multi-effect pedal at a bargain.
    It also has some other fun things to fool around with, and its fully programmable.
    Bowwowwow...yippie yo...yippie ye...bow wow...yippie yo...yippie ye...
    -Eddie Vedder
    (Blood, 7-5-03, Camden 1)
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    why not trade in the microvibe for some kind of chorus or rotary speaker simulator if you are going to run the intensity so far down like that?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    wow, you guys already answered my question about the octaver.

Yesterday I was fooling around with my acoustic and my BR-532

I had the acoustic on the tight bass setting and the volume on the PA a little low so you could mostly hear the dry guitar.

Because of my subwoofer I could mostly hear only low out of the PA (actually my home theatre system I needed a quick and dirty solution and it fit)

It really sounded like I was playing with a bass, the only problem is I turned the mix up a little louder to hear the horrid horrid sound of washed out octaved chords. Sadly, until microchips are intelligent enough for me to push a switch that says I want to sound like I am playing with a bass, I do not believe we will have intelligent octavers.

The pitch shifter is one solution however it dosen't sound right either because the pitch is changed and we actually only want to change the frequency.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    bingo. i would. but my pod's got a decent chorus effect in it so i just use that.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    why not trade in the microvibe for some kind of chorus or rotary speaker simulator if you are going to run the intensity so far down like that?
    Want to sell me the microvibe?
    no sorry. i still want to keep it around for really watery stuff. it's nice to have around. every time i've dumped an effect pedal i've regreted it.
    no i pulled everything off.

all i've got on there now is the ls-2, ns-2, sparkle drive and dan-echo. playing with pedals is a really good way to make sure your actual guitar playing never improves.