Options

got the exhausted guitar pedal

puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I got the guitar pedal, the artwork is awesome. Thank you. I'm not setting it up with my bass because I don't use a lot of effects.

However, its not going to waste. (learning guitar - right-handed) basically, all I've learned so far is how to hold the guitar properly without killing anyone. No one will stand by me because I keeping hitting them when I turn the wrong way. Its fun though.

1. using your pedal, along with some of the effects from the footlockers I should be able to get a couple decent pedal board setups.

2. the only guitar amp that I got is a Fender Twin with a Fender Cyber-Twin Head, so I hope that's ok. The roland is way too much sound.

3. I'm learning on my rickenbacker 360 guitar, so your pedal will be part of that board. but we are also setting up the les paul.

Being a left-handed bassist this may take a long while, I'm not that dedicated to guitars.

So as soon as I have some feedback on how your pedal performs (from an experienced guitar player, not me) I'll let you know, thanks again.
SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by puremagic
    I got the guitar pedal, the artwork is awesome. Thank you. I'm not setting it up with my bass because I don't use a lot of effects.

However, its not going to waste. (learning guitar - right-handed) basically, all I've learned so far is how to hold the guitar properly without killing anyone. No one will stand by me because I keeping hitting them when I turn the wrong way. Its fun though.

1. using your pedal, along with some of the effects from the footlockers I should be able to get a couple decent pedal board setups.

2. the only guitar amp that I got is a Fender Twin with a Fender Cyber-Twin Head, so I hope that's ok. The roland is way too much sound.

3. I'm learning on my rickenbacker 360 guitar, so your pedal will be part of that board. but we are also setting up the les paul.

Being a left-handed bassist this may take a long while, I'm not that dedicated to guitars.

So as soon as I have some feedback on how your pedal performs (from an experienced guitar player, not me) I'll let you know, thanks again.

"I hope that is OK." :)

I wish we all had that much badass gear at our fingertips.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i hope it works out. if there is a problem, let me know. i made some changes to the design since i made yours and pacos.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i hope it works out. if there is a problem, let me know. i made some changes to the design since i made yours and pacos.

my only gripe is the placement of the power jack. If you could put it on the top of the pedal it'd be more friendly for movenment on the board because those of us who use multi adapters have short chains sometimes.

It's not a big deal but I have the same problem with Barber too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    my only gripe is the placement of the power jack. If you could put it on the top of the pedal it'd be more friendly for movenment on the board because those of us who use multi adapters have short chains sometimes.

It's not a big deal but I have the same problem with Barber too.

yeah. the first one i made, i put the power jack on the top. it ended up on the side b/c i filled the top with 3 outputs and an input jack and the bottom with 2 or 4 jacks (depending on the number of loops).

the side was the only place left unfortunately.

the jacks on my compressor and boost are on the side too and i don't like it. but they're even worse b/c they're right by a jack. PITA.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    "I hope that is OK." :)

I wish we all had that much badass gear at our fingertips.

All I know is what it takes to make my bass talk. As far as all the guitars and its gears, honestly, I'm clueless. If you say its good, I'll take your word. I just didn't want to see a lot a good stuff get dumped. Blame it on what a man will do for a woman.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    yeah. the first one i made, i put the power jack on the top. it ended up on the side b/c i filled the top with 3 outputs and an input jack and the bottom with 2 or 4 jacks (depending on the number of loops).

the side was the only place left unfortunately.

the jacks on my compressor and boost are on the side too and i don't like it. but they're even worse b/c they're right by a jack. PITA.

yup. I know what you mean. that was another gripe with Pharaoh's Monument Comp. It was just way to dark. I'm hoping a keeley will be brighter but I'm such a sucker for Orange I may go with the Analog Man Juicer.
  • Options
    yup. I know what you mean. that was another gripe with Pharaoh's Monument Comp. It was just way to dark. I'm hoping a keeley will be brighter but I'm such a sucker for Orange I may go with the Analog Man Juicer.

i'm confused as to what you're talking about. tone or actual colour?
  • Options
    i'm confused as to what you're talking about. tone or actual colour?

tone. The keeley is crisp right? My Dyna Comp retained the high end of my signal and had much more volume on hand than did the prototype of the monument. Maybe it was the way it was set, I don't know, Matt try's to make pedals that suit both strats and LP's. It's a great acoustic guitar compressor and pretty good for Les Pauls, but it's too dark, (not enough high end bounce) for my Strat sound. I mailed it back and thanked him.
  • Options
    i don't notice any significant change in the actual tone with the keeley. it's pretty hi-fi.
  • Options
    i don't notice any significant change in the actual tone with the keeley. it's pretty hi-fi.

that's the idea. It's so clean you notice that you don't notice it.
  • Options
    62strat62strat Posts: 638
    so um what did you make for him?
  • Options
    Originally posted by 62strat
    so um what did you make for him?

A/B/Tuner switch box. they look like this. (without the shiny red button)

http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar/switchers/with%20kill.JPG
  • Options
    and exactly what does it do....

im learning!

its like taking care of your siters little kids huh??!

thanks!
  • Options
    well, it does a couple things:

1. allows silent tuning by switching to a dedicated tuner line out (aux) while muting the main outputs.

2. allows switching between two amplifiers.

3. sort of a patch box. the return and send are for effects. just allows you to keep your whole pedal board hooked up and just plug guitar and amps in the back of the unit.

it's all passive. doesn't affect tone at all. just a utility thing.
  • Options
    alright, it makes sense to me. what do you mean whe you tell me to take my boss chormatic tuner out of my chain? do i plug it straight into the back of the amp?
  • Options
    no, i mean do what stone does. use an A/B box and switch between your amp signal chain and the tuner. taking the tuner out makes for one less thing to rob tone in the chain. mind you, if you find that your tuner doesn't affect the quality of your signal that much, then it's not a problem.
  • Options
    It also mutes the output signal to the amps but not to your tuner, so you don't annoy other people tuning and the audience dosen't have to hear you tune up, helps a lot inbetween songs.