Options

how much would i like a marshall DSL201 or 401??

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
still in search of the elusive "dirty" amp. this is just pipe dreaming. don't worry.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    still in search of the elusive "dirty" amp. this is just pipe dreaming. don't worry.

I was mildly disapointed. Marshalls are meant to be played through a 4x12 stack. Maybe I just wanted something nobody else had, but the marshall dirty tone the red uber distortion sounds like mush in the 401's. The DSL TSL heads are the only ones I've been satisfied with but Mesa Boogie is better. The crunch is ok, and the clean is the best channel on the amps because of the gain knob. Basically I'm just less than impressed with thier construction and cost cutting methods. One of the guys at Orange used to work at Marshall. When he got to Orange he tried to tell them all the things they could do to make their amps cheaper. They said sure we could do that....then they would suck.

You have the fender. you may or may not like british sound. Personally I'd look for a Hiwatt DC 40 bulldog. I saw one on Ebay once for 500 an absolute steal, much better made than the marshalls. Or Rivera Chubster 40 or Mesa Blue Angel (heartbreaker) (he he)
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

the mesa. darn you to heck!!!!!!

basically, i want something with EL84s and a master volume. the mesa did lack the master. it's not an issue on the fender b/c it's not meant for high high gain.
  • Options
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

the mesa. darn you to heck!!!!!!

basically, i want something with EL84s and a master volume. the mesa did lack the master. it's not an issue on the fender b/c it's not meant for high high gain.

http://www.mesaboogie.com

check out the F series and also the Heartbreakers and nomad series. A few of them can be had for around 500 bucks.

also perhaps an old subway 22.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    subway blues $600US?
  • Options
    decent. now look up perhaps a Mark 1.

can I interest you in a Bogner Ubershall or a Roadking.

Perhaps a Bogner Shiva?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    decent. now look up perhaps a Mark 1.

can I interest you in a Bogner Ubershall or a Roadking.

Perhaps a Bogner Shiva?

sure, i'll just go right ahead and auction my kidneys and liver first. gimme two shakes.

that $600 was shipped. and in canada (no taxes).

ah, in a few days, my midi cable will be here and i can delve deep into my PODs and configure amps to my heart's content.
  • Options
    Perhaps a Dumble or a Diezel VH-4 would be more to your suiting Mr. Gates.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Perhaps a Dumble or a Diezel VH-4 would be more to your suiting Mr. Gates.

now that you mention it. models of both channels of the dumble overdrive special are on tap. i don't like them though.
  • Options
    now that you mention it. models of both channels of the dumble overdrive special are on tap. i don't like them though.

still $10,000 for an amp. wow.