Options

keeley fuzz head

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
out within a month probably. $189US. a "transparent" fuzz according to keeley. his own design. not an obvious clone of other stuff.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    about fucking time, it's been in the works for at least a year.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options

muchas gracias I was just about to ask.

damnit I don't see any germanium at least in that picture. Nice big film caps though thus the transparancy mucho volume ala hendrix. I was hoping he'd use that stash of Mullard OC 44's.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    http://www.javaboost.com/keeleyinstructions.html

check that out. dual unit, rack mount compressor.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    http://www.javaboost.com/keeleyinstructions.html

check that out. dual unit, rack mount compressor.

o dear lord. That's glorious.
  • Options
    thankfully, i have no need for another fuzz. thus avoiding temptation.
  • Options
    damn variety now I have to decide, fuzz or Modded Blues driver.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    damn variety now I have to decide, fuzz or Modded Blues driver.

blues driver. you've already got a rat for the really nasty stuff.
  • Options
    blues driver. you've already got a rat for the really nasty stuff.

you're right. I think I'm more or less looking to get that hendrix sort of edge to the sound which is as much about amp distortion as it is about a fuzz pedal, the BD will allow me to get that sort of creamy Allman Bros kind of tone too, not that I can hold Duane's jock or anything. Derek Trucks was on the radio the other day, Holy Crap! I don't know whether it should be encouraging or discouraging to hear that kind of talent but he's amazing.
  • Options
    at the top end of the gain range, the BD sounds like a fuzz. that's with room to go on the level knob.
  • Options
    I guess I'll get the Jason Barker special BD-2 and Compressor then.
  • Options
    word is that it will be much closer to an overdrive than your typical heavy fuzz. people were hoping for way huge foot pig type fuzz but it ain't gonna happen.
  • Options
    word is that it will be much closer to an overdrive than your typical heavy fuzz. people were hoping for way huge foot pig type fuzz but it ain't gonna happen.

Foot Pig ain't keeley. I don't see him going for that sound or any kind of octave up stuff either most people can't use it.

You want wierd, the Z vex Fuzz Factory has that market covered. I kind of want one of those just to play with and open up to see the little elves swimming around.

I
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Man, that rack-mount comp sounds like a sweet deal. I would love to use that in my Bass rack. That thing with a Tech 21 preamp and my G-K head would just rock.

I saw this little special on MF:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=031027213954150131025216090533/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/151803/

For $99, true tube distortion can be yours. And the 3-band EQ would be nice, too. Plus, it's a Tube Works unit...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.