Options

the stompbox cookbook

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
this is apparently like the bible of effects building. it's out of print and i had to wait about a month for it at the library. anyway, it's got about 50 schematics and PCB layouts for effects. i think i'm going to build a tremolo pedal at some point.

it also has a huge section on the theory behind each effect along with scope pictures showing effected and uneffected waveforms.

really technical stuff but i'm hoping to learn a lot from it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    *Runs to Home Depot to get new soldiering gun*

Opto-Tremolo?

You know it'd be really cool if you built a TUBE Tremolo.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    probably the coolest thing in the book is building a tape echo unit out of a 3-head component tape deck.
  • Options
    that sound's cool. Tape cartriges are cheaper too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    there are 4 different tremolo pedals in the book. phasers, compressors, reverbs, distortions. you name it.
  • Options
    http://www.fulltone.com/cshframe.html

hey it's only $999.99

I want to build a reverb.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    http://www.fulltone.com/cshframe.html

hey it's only $999.99

I want to build a reverb.

get this. the one in the book is a spring reverb with dwell and mix controls. circuit board is 3"x2" so you could have the reverb tank on the amp and an MXR sized box on the ground for control.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    get this. the one in the book is a spring reverb with dwell and mix controls. circuit board is 3"x2" so you could have the reverb tank on the amp and an MXR sized box on the ground for control.

reason to keep the Dyna Comp Yay.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    reason to keep the Dyna Comp Yay.

i'll pdf the pages for the reverb project for you when i get a chance today. hey, it's out of print. nothing else i can do.
  • Options
    Gracias Amigo.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    the reverb project is here:

http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar/verb.pdf

You are a man among men gracias.