edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/blog.html

it's the newest entry

edit: just added another one.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    hey finally I can listen. I really like your stuff and your style.

Really cool.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    thanks man.

i'm really struggling with my singing. these recordings predated my playing live much so they were particularly weak. welcome to a world without autotune.
  • Options
    yeah, God created compression/reverb/ and pitch shifters the day after Adam first sang.

Along the same lines. I saw that Jessica Simpson show the other day ( I rarely ever watch MTV but my roomates girlfriend had it on and made me come over and watch saying "look how dumb this girl is")

She is a trainwreck. How did she learn to sing?

and I checked out Warmouth, very cool but for now I think I just want a fender for whatever reason.

I'm also debating trading my LP for an Elite 335 or a memphis 333.

What do you think? Maybe I should just save and get a Gibson 335 that's what I want anyway.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    hold on to the les paul. you know you love it.

i liked the warmoth thing b/c it was a guitar i can't get left-handed anymore.

i would try the 333 and see if you like it. two new pickups and you're good to go.
  • Options
    yeah I dig the satin finish too.

I think the 62 strat is just calling my name though. If I can part with the money I'd love to have a Custom Shop
  • Options
    once you get a les paul, you just keep it. period. unless it self-destructs.

myself, i covet the left-handed 52 tele re-issue. but it's too noisy. yeah, they give you the modern wiring with it but it doesn't seem right to change it.

my P90s have arrived. i'm picking them up on thursday. i think i'm dumping my baby taylor to help pay for all this stuff. i never use it and it never stays in tune when i do so out she goes.
  • Options
    sounds like a good trade off. I can't wait to see and hear the Jazz bastard.

As soon as I get a soundcard I'll try to share my stuff.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Pretty good stuff... very mellow, but melodic. Vocals remind me vaguely of Shawn Smith.

Edit: I take it all back, that Crowded House cover was aweful.

*wink wink*
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Pretty good stuff... very mellow, but melodic. Vocals remind me vaguely of Shawn Smith.

Edit: I take it all back, that Crowded House cover was aweful.

*wink wink*

Must be a girl thing, we all like it here at work and played it at a pool party and they liked it.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Joking... joking...

Like that scene in High Fidelity? "Is that Peter Fucking Frampton?"
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Originally posted by exhausted
    thanks man.

i'm really struggling with my singing. these recordings predated my playing live much so they were particularly weak. welcome to a world without autotune.

I think you are selling yourself a little short. Your songs sounded great. I dig the piano in just a story.
  • Options
    Not to be harsh, but just a story is boring. The other song on the other hand is amazing. ;)