the seymour duncan forums scare me.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
it's like all metalheads. it's freaky.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    what the hell were you doing on the Semour Duncan forum.

I can smell the wanking from here.

I wish crazy train and van halen riffs would be banned from music stores.

The guitar tech in my store used to turn on his vaccumm until they would quit wanking and leave.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by exhausted
    it's like all metalheads. it's freaky.

Did you think you could change clothes and just wondering into another neighborhood and no one would notice!!
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    i was trying to learn about the pickups i'm using in that fat bastard jazzmaster i'm assembling.

the rest of the site is great though.
  • Options
    yeah they have sound samples and all.

Too bad most of those guys would die before they'd listen to a P-90 or a PAF.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i was trying to learn about the pickups i'm using in that fat bastard jazzmaster i'm assembling.

the rest of the site is great though.

Are you going for a more metalic sound?
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    no. so sadly, they weren't much use for me. i'm shooting for somewhere between a strat and a les paul for tone. the drive of the paul with some of the brightness of the strat.
  • Options
    Hey Alco you want lower output p/u's then around 7.5 ohm because the more output you get the more midrangey you get and you lose some high end.
  • Options
    wow. i'm going to be at 12k and 15k. oops. i'm stuck now. they're ordered and the lead time's 2 months. if i don't like them, i'll just have to change them out.

that being said, this thing should drive hard.
  • Options
    It will scream. The 12k and 15K are probably with dummy coils.

Check the K output for the Townsend SG I believe they are similar. It will scream. I think it will be perfect.

7.5K is about what Lindy Fralin uses on the vintage strat p/u's so P-90's have to be hotter than that. Those will have a sweet midrange bite. Perfect with your deluxe and perfect for rhythm &blues
  • Options
    wow, ceramics, they will be really really hot, you may even consider a 1 meg volume pot.

Really fat and really loud. Sounds like fun.
  • Options
    yeah, i think i might be creating a monster.

one thing's for sure, it'll certainly be different than anything else i have.
  • Options
    most likely it will destroy and eat everything else you have. It will certainly blow the walls out of your basement if you open er up.