Options

neck for the jazzbastard is here

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
that didn't take long.

it's pretty swell. i'm glad i went with the big CBS peghead. and i got a nice piece of ebony. the maple's got a lot of knarls and texture too.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Where'd you get it from again? I guess you get cooler wood when you build it yourself.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    warmoth. pretty much any wood you want.
  • Options
    djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    warmoth is a fucking God send. Im building a jazzmaster right now, but I want to put in a 5-way and toggle, and they actually make pickguards for that
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • Options
    is yours going to be 3 pup too?

i did a 3-way blade switch for neck/neckbridge/bridge and then put the middle on a toggle.
  • Options
    wow, that actually sounds like a pretty cool set up exhausted. I was thinking of using the toggle my humbucker though
  • Options
    here's a picture of it in its current state. no pickups yet. no nut for the neck.

i'm waiting on 3 P90s.

http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar/jazzbastard/jazzbastard.JPG

you can see why i'm calling it a jazzbastard. weird routing, strat-like controls. it's just plain weird.
  • Options
    sweet, im using a jackplate too. Im also going with 3 knobs. Is that three humbuckers you plan on putting in there? Thats sick. What kind of wood are you using? I wanted to go with basswood, but couldnt find any thick enough, so I went with mahogany. There is a pic here of what mine is gonna look like http://www.my-mistake.net/infinitepics/ (Its under Adore era, of Billy), Except im going with tremelo bridge and mines gonna be red with a black pearl pickguard. Glad to see Im not the only one with crazy ideas :)
  • Options
    oh i didnt notice the P-90 part. Thats still amazing. Good luck man, I know Im gonna need it for mine
  • Options
    i remember that guitar of billy's. his was a fernandes right? that should be really cool.

the body of mine's made out of swamp ash. it was intended to be strat config when they made it (i bought it from the thrift shop) so it was supposed to be a 5-way switch with two tones and a volume. i don't like strat wiring all that much so i put concentric pots in so i'll have volume and tone on each pickup. it's more like a les paul wiring than a strat.