the ultimate grumpy cockatiel effect bypass/channel switcher

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
would cost $290 US + shipping for parts.
the george L's to hook everything up would be $200 + shipping.

ouch.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    but it would be one damn awesome pedal.

George L's should give you a break on that much stuff. In fact dude, I think we could soldier our own cables.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i think for something of that size, yeah, i'd make my own cables.

it's a 14" x 8.5" effect bypasser. built into one of those hammond 1456 boxes you like.

it would have
    - 7 effect loops for electric
    - 3 effect loops for acoustic
    - some special toggles for loop combining.
    - tuner mute
    - acoustic/electric line select (determine which effect loops the signal passes though)
    - one dedicated acoustic out (could easily add a switch for two)
    - A or B / A & B switches for two electric outs.
    - LEDs
    - 3PDT stomps throughout.

if you had a cable snake made, it would be perfect for pedals housed in rack shelves.

like a poor man's bradshaw switcher.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    stop it your turning me on.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    yeah, soldering my own cables and using belden cable and switchcraft straight and right angle plugs bought here would be about 2/3 the cost of the george L's.

using 'blue' 3PDT from fxdoctor instead of fulltones and buying the rest of the parts here, again 2/3 the cost.

so $500 canadian vs. $500 US.

still a hell of a lot of money. but someday i'll get bored enough to do it i'm sure. maybe when/if i sell my strat.