Options

I Got Screwed By Avril Lavigne!!!!

stoney gstoney g Posts: 6
I know you guys and girls are thinking what the hells this guy on. but this might be kind of interesting for you to hear.

Its amazing how people that have shed loads of talent don't get to the top and people who can't play guitar to save their lives get recognized and called the next best thing.

WELL ITS STARTING TO PISS ME OFF!!!

Avril Lavigne's Lead Guitarist 'COUGH' Evan Taubenfeld is not a Lead guitarist. He's a guy who just stands there strumming chords.

I was asked to send in demos of my guitar playing to become Avril’s Lead guitarist. In my demos I recorded songs by Metallica, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pantera, Neil Young and many other artists. I recorded all the lead guitar parts with the solos. I recorded songs like One, Sandman, Battery, Rockin In The Free World, Heart Shaped Box, Lithium, Under The Bridge, Funky Monks, Even Flow, Why Go, Alive, Porch, This Love, Cemetery Gates and to take the total piss the whole of Eddie Van Halens ERUPTION.

You want to know the reply I got from Arista Records and Nettwerk?

Sorry, We cannot believe that a 17 year old can play guitar that fast and be so accurate, we do not want you to turn up and not know anything. Sorry.

One things for sure. If I was on MTV icon METALLICA I would've made sure Metallica didn't laugh and make Avril cry about the way she ruined a great song. Her lead guitarist didn't put any of the lead guitar parts into the song. He just thinks he's a great player because he knows how to play some AIC and has a Mesa Boogie Rig behind him.

This was the main topping. Avril’s band has invited me backstage to meet them. HOW GREAT IS THAT? 'Cough'.

I'm only posting this because I’m going to send Evan Taubenfeld (Avril Guitarist) the link so he can read it and realize that trying to put me down doesn't work. He's always apologizing to me about me not getting the job.

Hey EVAN. I have something you will never have. TALENT.

STONEY G
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    also, avril lavigne herself has no talent whatsoever... if you're such a good player, start your own band, with your own ideas. maybe one day you'll get lucky, and who knows. best of luck!
    em ot sselecirp si y c a v i r p
  • Options
    Dude i would start my own band but the ppl in london only listen to RAP AND GARAGE
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Are you able to relocate, if not, runs some ads, you can't be the only musician looking to play rock in London. Self-promotion.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    OBCOBC Posts: 41
    You're serious dude?
    They said they don't believe you can play?!
    No wonder Tupperware or whatever and his "band" are so successfull...the key is NOT knowing how to play guitar...dammit, it's too late for you to get big i guess! ;)

PS: How did u respond?

I'm sure on some planet Good Charlotte's music is quite impressive, but their weak link is...this is earth.
  • Options
    I was angry but i didn't show it.

dude they believe i could play but they didn't believe it was me playing on the demos.

then again how many 17 year olds do you hear playing metallica guitar solos nowadays.

my email add is binaural_2000@hotmail.com. add me and i can send you some stuff through msn to prove i'm not bullshitting u
  • Options
    when ever I hear an avril lavigne song I just laugh thinking about how all the people that buy her cds are the same people she has a go at in her songs.

Also, this mornin I had the radio on in the shower. There was a good charlotte song, followed by a silverchair song. What would you expect to be heavier, a "punk rock" song, or a song by a band who could release a compilation of love songs without affecting their image? I'd expect the punk song to be heavier.... a lot heavier, but it was pretty much the opposite.
    waiting for the great leap forward

12 people may make the one decision but that doesn't make it right.

Free Rob Farquharson, wrongfully imprisoned!!

www.factbeforetheory.net
  • Options
    {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    don't let it bring you down...

you have talent...

like theskyiscrape.... i think you have to search some guys to start your own band... and then... everyone will believe in you
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    Don't feel bad, Avril Lavigne sucks.

Being angry over not being in her band is like being angry that you weren't on American Idol or Backstreet Boys. Hopefully someday you will get into a serious band, not some packaged pop-product. Anti-Brittney, my arse!
    "So i'll just lie alone and wait for the dream,
    where i'm not ugly and your lookin' at me."
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Shes got no talent...

...but I still would.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    duskdusk Posts: 18
    Dude,

If you're playing those solo's at 17, they'll be plenty of opportunities for you in the future. As long as you keep your feet on the ground and remember to respect yourself and others (talent and arrogance go hand in hand!), then there will always be people who'll want to hear you play.

And to be fair, would you really want to start off in the soulless, GAP advert that is Avril Lavigne?!

One.
    Kids - it won't make you blind and it won't stunt your growth! Go on, have a wank!
  • Options
    Thanks for your responces to this POST. You guys have put thoughts into my head and i must say this

FUCK AVRIL!!!

My riffs would make the bitch think twice about her band.

By the way evan read this post and he wasen't to happy.

TEACHES YOU TO MESS WITH ME YOU LIL SON OF A BITCH!!!

I'm Fast and i have a whole lotta TALENT (sorry if it sounds arrogant)

Excuse me i hear my Guitar Calling Me

THANKS GUYS
  • Options
    WernyWerny Posts: 63
    Man, you're going against a world that depends on looks/sex appeal to be successful. YOU FUCKING ROCK!
    This puke stinks like beer, and everybody's here, so come on come on come on, let's lay waste to this Century...
  • Options
    Shit. If not playing guitar is how you get into that band...where the FUCK are my offers?!?! god dammit...i'm takin this to managment....
  • Options
    sometimes less is more. especially when it comes to a homoginized product.

I have spent 15 years perfecting my bass and songwriting skills to the point of progressive mastery. unfortunatly, what I figured out (after I wrote a 3-part 27min. opus which resembled a rock opera) is that the biggest hits are musically retarded!!

There have been times when I sat and figured out songs and felt ashamed for their authors. so if you ever have a riff or a song that you are ashamed of or a song that makes you feel gay (like you wouldnt play it in public) then you probably have a hit on your hands.

It would be nice to score a professional gig with someone to the likes of avril. after all stevie ray vaughn played with david bowie and james brown before his big break.But in all honesty...Avril Sucks!!! Its a blessing in disguise!

SB
  • Options
    so......how was it???? i want DETAILS
    Stunned by my own reflection, it's looking back sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again. Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down.
  • Options
    I was impressed until you mentioned "eruption". c'mon, that isn't that tough.
    other than that, best of luck to you.

who's avril lavigne?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cropduster84
    Shes got no talent...

...but I still would.

hehe, right on!
  • Options
    i like to think you didnt get the job because your a bitch who just tried to get a job as avril lavigne's guitar player. awesome, way to become a good person
    Matt and I are friends.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stoney g
    Dude i would start my own band but the ppl in london only listen to RAP AND GARAGE

thats one thing that pisses me off about the uk, all the music over here is bass-fed computer trash, or boy bands made to look like they're 'rawk', dont get me wrong, i listen to rap and hip hop, i like the beats and rhymes, but none of it can come close to involving the emotion of a great song with a great guitar riff, i think you should become a one-man guitar band like joe satriani!
    or i could sing for you :lol:
    ~If You Should Die Before Me, Ask If You Could Bring A Friend~
  • Options
    Originally posted by thatirwinfella
    when ever I hear an avril lavigne song I just laugh thinking about how all the people that buy her cds are the same people she has a go at in her songs.

i dont get it...maybe im ignorant or just dont listen to her songs/radio that often...but who does she put down in her songs?
    Forever and ever ....Pearl Jam
  • Options
    if i was you i would seriously be on the search for a kick-arse singer who can really compliment you. i assume you write your own music so find someone who has a voice that compliments your style of music and very importantly is a poet! Perhaps a singer who can help in the business side of things as well. I'm sure there must be bass players and drummers around who would join you guys in a second even in the U.K.

Work you butts off and with great songs and good timing you can make it on your own. Joining Avril would be a great gig financially though!
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Options
    Originally posted by stoney g

dude...you live in london...its a big city

im sure you can find someone who enjoys playing/making rock music
    Forever and ever ....Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Hey dudes.

fuck all this avril crap. she'll know what she lost when she see's me on tv ripping away on my Custom ESP. Don't worry her time will come and when it does i'm gonna be there laughing. (I Need Some Serious Help Dudes)

Anyway i've started writing some crazy metal riffs. One riff is tuned down to CGCFAD. Fuck me i have never got such a crunchy crunch outta my Rig.

I've just got a hold of a drummer and bassist. i'm looking for one more guitarist and a lead vocalist. Female singer would be great but a guy who can scream and sing like eddie vedder would be fucking perfect.

Anyway time for me to get some sleep and continue with structuring my riffs and songs tommorow.

Take Care Guys

Remember everytime avrils fails LAUGH OUT LOUD MOTHERFUCKER and i shall reward you by making you my roadies when i make it

Peace Out
  • Options
    ok three tracks are done and now i have to write the guitar solos out and shit.

anyone interested in doing vocals for me?