Options

Just A Girl

SometimesSometimes Posts: 94
Is this just a bootleg or was it ever officially released? A truly amazing song.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SoundSound Posts: 579
    pj's?
    It was a dream, not a nightmare. A beautiful dream I could never imagined in a thousand nods. I saw this girl next to me, she wasn't beautiful until she smiled. And I felt that smile come at me in heat waves following. Soaking through my body and out my finger tips in shafts of color. And I knew somewhere in the world, somewhere, that there was love for me.

Jim Carrol
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sometimes
    Is this just a bootleg or was it ever officially released? A truly amazing song.

I don't believe it was ever officially released... as far as I know, it was recorded for Ten, was played live once and just kinda disappeared after that.

It really is amazing... I remember listening to it heaps when I was a teenager... I should really dust that off again... damn what a great song!! Too bad it never made LD too.
    "...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"
  • Options
    i thought it's just a demo from ed? and that the song is a cover
    BANZÄÄÄ

When he was six, he believed that the moon overhead followed him
    By nine, he deciphered the illusion, trading magic for fact, no trade-backs
    So this is what it's like to be an adult?
    If he only knew now what he knew then
  • Options
    I didn't think it was a cover. Anyone know what the lyrics are about?
  • Options
    ~~~the first time i heard just a girl was a demo and they im had them listed as motherlovebone though it was quite clearly eddie vedder singing.awesome song as all of them are~~lemme add -we should all be thankful ,as pearl jam fans, that they are not the devil , cause our souls would be lost forever-i cannot imagine one day going by without hearing something by pearl jam,i'm addicted since day1 and there's no doubt id have some withdrawals ...i dont take that chance i listen faithfully to pearl jam everyday-
    ...It's only after disaster that we can be resurrected...
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

... I'll ride the wave...where it takes me....
  • Options
    lol, you won't belive but a guy in my class wrote a song called "just a girl" too, without knowing this pj song or any other version of it :)
    his song is soso, it's about a beautifull young girl who has never had a boyfriend so far (dunno why that mind's^^) <= first stancer, and he sees her in town and she buys drugs from to older boys <= 2nd stancer
    and then the refrain she's just a girl
    just a girl
    just a girl

so this theme seems to be a topos
    BANZÄÄÄ

• Options
    sosesose Posts: 5
    I have it on a raw bootleg from before ten was released.. I let a friend borrow it and he LOST MY ORIGINAL!!

Now I just have a COPY!#$#@!#
  • Options
    Originally posted by sose
    I have it on a raw bootleg from before ten was released.. I let a friend borrow it and he LOST MY ORIGINAL!!

Now I just have a COPY!#$#@!#

You have my permission to kill him. Do it slowly.
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    i soo love this song.. starts slowly and it evolves in a hard rock song.. i was really bummed it was not on LD.. cant imagine its a cover.. is it a MLB song??

i just put the demo on.. *shivers* .....just one time around....

look what i just found: http://www.theskyiscrape.com/song_menu/mp3s/Girl[10-22-90].mp3 :D:D (not the best quality but still)
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    Why are you people calling it "Just A Girl" ? it's called "Girl"
  • Options
    probably because the chorus is just a girl?
    BANZÄÄÄ