Options

Release

JayJay Posts: 24
what do you think of release and what do u think it means
i'll ride the wave.... where it takes me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    It's my second fave from 'Ten'. It's obviously a very personal song to Ed, about his father and the fact that he never knew his real dad. Yeah, i love this song so much. Kansas City is my favourite version, with the 'Hi dad' after the lightning strikes. Very powerful moment.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    Damn amazing song. If u play guitar, though its simple, this song is, for me, really satidfying. Just amazing, really powerful song. One of my favs without a doubt and then Master Slave rapping it up... can't ask for more
    ‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher
  • Options
    I agree. Release is beautiful. There is no words to describe it.
    "Provided there are no pre-conditions"

Originally posted by MrBrian -

"one day a country may just liberate america, what will you say then?"
  • Options
    kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
    very moving, powerful. simply beautiful.
    "Seek my part, devote myself.
    My small self. Like a book amongst the many on a shelf."

"I'm already 30% more unpredictable."
    -Pam Beesly
  • Options
    release is an amazing song, i havn't heard this live, but i'm still unpatiently waiting for pearl jam to open with it when i'm there.
    knowledge is a tree
    it's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ||Release_Me||
    It's my second fave from 'Ten'. It's obviously a very personal song to Ed, about his father and the fact that he never knew his real dad. Yeah, i love this song so much. Kansas City is my favourite version, with the 'Hi dad' after the lightning strikes. Very powerful moment.

I agree , great show. Not many people know about it.
    Clear eyes, Full hearts, CAN'T LOSE!
  • Options
    SoLATisASoLATisA Posts: 215
    if you look under my picture in my highschool yearbook, you'll see the quote

"I'll ride the wave... where it takes me" - Pearl Jam
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    Originally posted by SoLATisA
    if you look under my picture in my highschool yearbook, you'll see the quote

:D:D:D
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Options
    SoLATisASoLATisA Posts: 215
    Originally posted by Kaddikat
    :D:D:D

glad this made you smile.

anyone else here ever quote pearl jam for any reason?
  • Options
    Imo it's about gaining acceptance, acceptance, of and about, the things that can't be changed in life, with the power of action and mind that a single person can bring. The unnecessary waiting to be released from perceived obligations... Also the nature of, and the expectations of youth, in it's limited appreciation's of how relationships actually work. And just like connectedness of Daughter/Rearveiwmirror on Vs. , it imo clearly wraps in and around the other songs on ten... Great tune!
    And are all the Goddesses, Witchs? And are all the Queens, Dancers...?
  • Options

One of my fav quotes of all time.........Im fasinated with the ocean...and this is a great line from an amazing song...i swear everytime i listen to it i either tear up or literally bust out crying...just another reason i love pj so much!

What it means? Who cares...its beautiful...ive learned that u should never rape lyrics...just let it be what it is....addictivly beautiful
    i miss you already...

• Options
    JayJay Posts: 24
    i love it so much its one of my fave pj songs of TEN
    i'll ride the wave.... where it takes me
  • Options
    Unfortunately I can't listen to this song anymore - had a mate that loved to surf, and for some stupid reason I'm still not clear on suicided about 6yrs back - this was the song we chose for him, as he was always playing it on the guitar.

Johan - ripping it up there!
    "Things don't really change - they just move on."
  • Options
    BerthaBertha Posts: 11
    Hello to all you younger ones out there ;-))

I first heard "release" performed live by PJ in Hamburg, Germany in March, 1992. Seems like prehistoric times now...The whole concert turned out to be a milestone in my personal life, with "Release" really opening me up in many ways. Still grateful after all these years.

Lots of good wishes to you from rainy Northern Germany!

Bertha
    I am a lie that always tells the truth (Jean Cocteau)
  • Options
    Originally posted by given to jam
    release is an amazing song, i havn't heard this live, but i'm still unpatiently waiting for pearl jam to open with it when i'm there.

PJ opened with in 98 in E Lansing, MI and that was the most moved I had or have ever been moved by a single song. Unreal moment......
    Anyone who punches themselves in the face while masturbating has a short penis.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ||Release_Me||
    I was just listening to the KC bootleg this morning thinking how amazing it must have been there that night. It gives me chills just listening to it.
  • Options
    WernyWerny Posts: 63
    I'm listening to it now... I can't pay attention to the lyrics for long, but it's just so harrowing... like Black before it, you don't have to understand the lyrics for it to be sad stuff... it just is!

But I love how they finish with the intro again... Like on the Touring Band menus, I LOVE that tune!
    This puke stinks like beer, and everybody's here, so come on come on come on, let's lay waste to this Century...