Options

Hidden Track on Lost Dogs about Staley?

JBuck31JBuck31 Posts: 10
On the new P jam cd Lost Dogs, there is a hidden track after Bee Girl...It starts 4 minutes after bee girl and is 3 minutes long. I believe this is a song about/for Lane Staley. I only heard it once and i didn't understand all the lyrics but it seems like eddie wrote it about him. It seems he is a bit pissed on how people are becoming fans..."singing like him" now that Staley is dead...Fans that pop up once Alice in Chains is gone... Again...I don't know much on this topic and i could be way off...but this is what i got from it. What do you think??

Joel----PS-- get the lost dogs cd!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SoLATisASoLATisA Posts: 215
    Originally posted by WouldYaHitMe
    On the new P jam cd Lost Dogs, there is a hidden track after Bee Girl...It starts 4 minutes after bee girl and is 3 minutes long. I believe this is a song about/for Lane Staley. I only heard it once and i didn't understand all the lyrics but it seems like eddie wrote it about him. It seems he is a bit pissed on how people are becoming fans..."singing like him" now that Staley is dead...Fans that pop up once Alice in Chains is gone... Again...I don't know much on this topic and i could be way off...but this is what i got from it. What do you think??

Joel----PS-- get the lost dogs cd!!!!!!!!!

i think he's singing about sound-alike bands (godsmack)... i doubt he's be pissed about fans singing the songs

and yes... pearl jam has said in interviews that it is about layne... it's called 4/20/2002 for the day that layne died...

lost dogs is great,, glad you're enjoying it :D
  • Options
    SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 337
    actually ed recorded it alone in the studio the day layne died..it's about his grief and all the stupid singers who tried to imitate him..now that he's dead it won't upset him anymore..but it upsets ed..that's what he sings about...

it always rips my heart to hear it...
  • Options
    This song makes me want to break down and cry whenever I hear it - just the raw human emotion erupting out in the lyrics makes tears come to my eyes.
    "Things don't really change - they just move on."
  • Options
    low lighterlow lighter Land down under Posts: 59
    its a very emotive song isn't it! i can feel the pain.. its like eddie goes through certain emotions singing the song .. i get the feeling hes angry at layne for dying.. perhpas angry at all their friends for thinking he would pull through.. and angry at the people who are mimmicking him, layne that is..... and then there's the sadness in his voice.. a very touching song indeed.
  • Options
    I think Ed was refering to all the crappy bands that try and imitate Alice In Chains like Godsmack, Creed and Puddle of Mudd and all the other shallow corperate grunge bands that clog up the airwaves nowdays.

THANK GOD FOR PEARL JAM!
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton