Options

Eddie's voice

leashmanleashman Posts: 13
Is it me or does Eddie's live voice seem very underated, you find with a lot of live bands these days the singers voice isn't up to scratch and spoils the gig, NOT in Mr vedders case though.
A fine example is Nothingman on TB2K - when he sings 'she once beleived....' at the beginning of the second verse he absolutely nails it and its one of my PJ favourite live moments.

What live tracks do you thinks he sounds best on.
If we could be heroes
just for one day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Eddie is obviously a very accomplished singer. a lot of people tend to focus on his lyrics because that's his strongest attribute as a performer, but when he lets go, its an awsome thing. Like an ocean taking over the shore, wind blowing you off your feet. To me every imperfection in his voice is perfect. He has grown better over time, but he knows his range, and for the most part he stays in it. He sounds great live on everysong. I saw PJ this summer at the shoreline ampatheater outside of San Fran. and he had a great energy...i think his mood must have something to do with it because i saw them in maryland a couple years ago and he just kind of stood there and delivered his lines. I've been a fan for 13 years and that was my first concert, i was a little dissapointed. Plus sonic youth was supposed to open the show and they never made it...that sucked.
  • Options
    little_wishlittle_wish England, The North Posts: 532
    Originally posted by leashman
    when he sings 'she once beleived....' at the beginning of the second verse he absolutely nails it and its one of my PJ favourite live moments.

That line hits me like nothing I've ever known. His voice is amazing and as you said, he nails it every time. Definately agree on this one.
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"
  • Options
    Nothingman......my favourite part of TB2K.....that's probably Ed's best performance of the song IMO. He just nails it, and his voice soars. It moved me almost to tears when i first saw it.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    MANY people go ''my god Scott Stapp (Creed) sings just like Eddie , etc...''
    But they are completely wrong...Eddie's voice is uniqe and complete, hes got it all, hes better than Bono.
    Nothing Better than Leather, man!

''i dont wanna think, i wanna feel''
  • Options
    {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    Nothingman.. no one can do that but eddie
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    Eddie has a great voice. Is it just me or does Aaron Lewis sound very similar specially in his cover of 'Black'.
    <Place witty comment here>
  • Options
    Originally posted by SpongeBob
    Eddie has a great voice. Is it just me or does Aaron Lewis sound very similar specially in his cover of 'Black'.

There is nobody on this earth that can sing 'Black' like Eddie. It's Eddie's song, and he can sing those lyrics better than anyone could ever try to. To me, Aaron lewis sounds like he's trying his hardes to get through the song without totally fuckin' up and sounding like shit. It's great that he's a fan of PJ and wanted to cover a song, but 'Black' really didn't go well for him did it?!

Sorry, i sound a tad harsh, but 'Black' is my all-time fave and nobody but Eddie should sing it.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    nico10nico10 Posts: 21
    Originally posted by {[No_Code}]
    Nothingman.. no one can do that but eddie
    I agree, Eddie's voice in nothingman is amazing.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    The accuracy of Ed's voice live is something wonderful. Really. His pitch is so good. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    i forgeti forget Posts: 281
    Originally posted by ||Release_Me||
    There is nobody on this earth that can sing 'Black' like Eddie. It's Eddie's song, and he can sing those lyrics better than anyone could ever try to. To me, Aaron lewis sounds like he's trying his hardes to get through the song without totally fuckin' up and sounding like shit. It's great that he's a fan of PJ and wanted to cover a song, but 'Black' really didn't go well for him did it?!

Sorry, i sound a tad harsh, but 'Black' is my all-time fave and nobody but Eddie should sing it.
    The dvd version of Black blows my f'n' mind!! The way "all that I'll be" is held so intensly, and effortlessly proves what a powerful voice that Mr. Vedder guy has, also the way Mikey grinds up the finale is bittersweet. Thanks PJ!!