Options

ALONE: lyrics

SmileSmile Posts: 25
I have searched for the lyrics to this song, but the lyrics I have found don't seem to match what I am hearing Ed sing (Lost Dogs version). Here's what I am hearing:

"Wide awake like snakes in a panic
Never woke-up-alone-ever-before
Had his woman long as he can remember
It's his to forget, but he can't, he can't.

Out of bed and he dreams in the shower
She's standing naked, he's apologizing.
Reaches for her but the water turns red God,
Woken up to be burned, burned again.

Go it alone,
you got it, so it goes.
Got his knees to his face, he can't take it any other way.

On the street he's a walkin' wounded
Having nothing, he's got nothing to say
Thoughts of suicide and alleviation
Anything to get his heart off of the coal.

Go it alone,
you got it, so it goes.
Got his knees to his face, he can't take it for another day.

Wide awake and he shakes in a panic
Never woke-up-alone-ever-before.
Had his woman long as he can remember
It's his to forget, but he can't, he can't."

So, does anyone else agree with me on these lyrics? BTW, this song goes in my Top 5 favorite PJ songs. I think it's the epitomy of what makes Eddie such a great lyricist and singer. The way he runs words together, and how he can make verses sound like they rhyme even though the words really don't rhyme at all. Brilliant!

Peace,
Smile
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    The version on Lost Dogs doesn't seem to be the same one that I have had on tape for years.......maybe they re-did it for the album.

Macci
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    Yeah, I heard that they re-did this song for Lost Dogs. I never heard the original version. But what do you think about the lyrics that I posted?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smile
    Yeah, I heard that they re-did this song for Lost Dogs. I never heard the original version. But what do you think about the lyrics that I posted?

there are 3 versions of Alone

1. Ten era (used as B-side, can't remember which single)
    2. Vs. era (only played live between 93 and 95)
    3. Lost Dogs version.

the music is pretty much the same at all versions, just version 1 & 2 spot different lyrics...while version 3 has different lyrics and a whole part is left out...
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
  • Options
    THEY DIDN'T REDO ANYTHING FOR LOST DOGS - just SOME BANDAIDS - different mixing -
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Options
    SoLATisASoLATisA Posts: 215
    Originally posted by trappedinmyradio
    THEY DIDN'T REDO ANYTHING FOR LOST DOGS - just SOME BANDAIDS - different mixing -

that's not true.... alone is a totally different cut, there's even a different drummer on it
  • Options
    Thank you SoLATisA for your clarification on whether Alone is different on Lost Dogs. That is what I had been hearing from others, so now I am curious about the reasons why Alone is different. Anyone?