Options

***Arc Appreciation Thread***

ACCBootlegGoddessACCBootlegGoddess Posts: 4,184
Ok I just got through listening to the San Diego version of this song, and I have goosebumps.

I have always believed in the healing power of music and I know this song really helped Eddie after Roskilde.

I was lucky enough to see this live twice...Montreal and Boston 3...and EVERYONE there was truely moved by this song.
I was nearly moved to tears in Boston.

I salute this song...and I understand if Ed never does this one live again...I feel blessed that I got to see it firsthand, and that Ed chose to share it with us.
Thank you Eddie.
"Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

I could not agree more girl. This song is fuckin FULL of power/emotion. Ed says SO much without really saying anything at all. It's amazing. It really, really is.

I, too, feel blessed to have seen it live. The fuckin PREMIRE! WOW! :o SD baby. OUT OF THIS WORLD. It's so hard to put it into words ya know? I actually went and searched on the old board for my review of the SD show cuze it really sums it up. haha.

"ARC....I am NOT jokin when I say that EVERYONE went into some serious shock. NO ONE around me could move. I couldn't move. I had tears in my eyes as did many others. SOOOOOO unbelieveable. OMG! You wanna talk about ED shinin? Here it is at it's best. NOTHING but ED and that beautiful voice vibrating through thousands upon thousands of people. We had all done so good with the quiet factor (shock helped A LOT) but when Ed belted out that last note everyone could not help but scream. It was SOOOOO FUCKIN AMAZING! "

THERE IT IS! I mean you hear this song on the album and think "Wow" but nothing can compare to witnessing that shit first hand. It's a beautiful piece of art.

THANK YOU PEARL JAM! THANK YOU ED! This is one of a kind. It's a beauty I will forever cherish.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    My parents have never really understood my Pearl Jam obsession...spending hours on end downloading concerts. I recently downloaded the live Arcs from TSIS and was listening to them over and over, just disecting them and enjoying them. My mom comes into the room and shoots me the look of "What the hell are you listening to?" After the song was over I started to put a different version on and she said something to the effect of, "Why don't you listen to something with real music?" I looked back at her and said, "There is nothing more real than that."

It's true though...that is music. The rest of Pearl Jam's stuff is just songs.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    i'm happy there's others out there that feel the same way. the first time i sat down and listened to riot act, i replayed arc... well... i don't know how many times. about 30 minutes or so, and i just sat there in this beautiful place that words could never describe. i feel like it releases my soul out of invisible chains.

i didn't even know they were there before i heard that song.
    keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Options
    adamadam Posts: 7
    Its stange you know. My first love was herself in love with Africa adn all it stood for at the turn of 1995. I subsequently became embroiled with the dream that could be and was in heart, Africa and its people. To hear Eddie singing chatnlike African/Indian - at least tribal - music is m like PJ are yet again touching back at my life. Like a twist and curve that touches now and again...
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,753
    Originally posted by adam
    Its stange you know. My first love was herself in love with Africa adn all it stood for at the turn of 1995. I subsequently became embroiled with the dream that could be and was in heart, Africa and its people. To hear Eddie singing chatnlike African/Indian - at least tribal - music is m like PJ are yet again touching back at my life. Like a twist and curve that touches now and again...
    that's really cool, adam. thanks for posting and sharing that with us. :)
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    thankyou its nice to know someone hears now and again. i will be in Africa one day doing what i can for them, i believe that.

but my home will always be within me.
  • Options
    thankyou its nice to know someone hears now and again. i will be in Africa one day doing what i can for them, i believe that.

but my home will always be within me.
    keep believing, keep striving.....it will happen! it's people with a heart like yours that make a difference. :)
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    thankyou pj
    '
    'when all that's lost there will be you'

i so need to breathe pearl jam again. they are my life and my thread to hold onto like in Oceans, and i really need to rediscover that at this moment in my life. I am searching again. Hell what is this life if its not always searching?

vere had a moment where you fell you could do anything? and i mean anything?
  • Options
    thankyou pj
    '
    'when all that's lost there will be you'

i so need to breathe pearl jam again. they are my life and my thread to hold onto like in Oceans, and i really need to rediscover that at this moment in my life. I am searching again. Hell what is this life if its not always searching?

vere had a moment where you fell you could do anything? and i mean anything?
    pearl jam inspires, and so does nature, one of the many things they write about. the sun, the stars, all of the wonderful awe inspiring things created.....certain people.....so much can give me hope and make me feel i can do anything. yes, we all search, search for ourselves and search for the most important things.....love and peace.
  • Options
    Pj you're a star in a late Wednesday Manchester sky, and there are few of those about. I hope we can speak again sometime, I feel there may be a lot for us to talk about.

I may have a song you want to hear. I will keep on breathing that deep inside. Blesses to you.
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    i listened to arc last night and had otherside on my mind the whole night because my grandmother died. it's amazing how some songs... i mean i used to not get otherside at all. same with arc. but once you experience certain things, your eyes and ears open up. thank you pearl jam.
  • Options
    i forgeti forget Posts: 281
    "Arc" truly is a rare and poignant song. You are blessed to have seen it live, I'm sure. Thanks for the thread and thank you to Pearl Jam, as always.
  • Options
    Originally posted by sigh eternally
    i listened to arc last night and had otherside on my mind the whole night because my grandmother died. it's amazing how some songs... i mean i used to not get otherside at all. same with arc. but once you experience certain things, your eyes and ears open up. thank you pearl jam.

ohh Scott honey, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. *hugs* I agree with you that certain experiences make you listen to songs with more open ears. I'm so sorry that it took such a sad experience for it to happen to you.
    PJ is always good for helping people get through things. Give Long Road a listen and you'll see what I mean. Also you have us (you can pm or IM me anytime, if you wanna talk).
    :)
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz