Options

Japanese Untitled

breakerfall13breakerfall13 Posts: 123
have you heard it? its so amazing! its about what everybody goes through
"If it weren't for the Buzzcocks we might sounds like uh..Good Charlotte or something...no they are good it just sounds like...or taste like..a popsicle thats been stuck up somebody's ass...but thats just my opinion...some people are into that, who am I to say?"
~Vedder to crowd at MSG1

"The reason celine dion doesnt spit is because she swallows"
Ed

IM POOR...CAN I HAVE A DOLLAR?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    I love the part where he says:

But I'm still here in a small....so small....How could this trouble seem so big?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    That song is more emotional and more powerful than anything Pearl Jam has ever recorded before. So raw. So amazing. So heartfelt. You can't help but feel for Eddie after hearing that...knowing that we've all felt like that at some point.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    Who is ed talking about on the song?
    If it is who i think it is... OMG!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Arcticangel
    That song is more emotional and more powerful than anything Pearl Jam has ever recorded before. So raw. So amazing. So heartfelt. You can't help but feel for Eddie after hearing that...knowing that we've all felt like that at some point.

It feels like the most honest and intimate song I've ever heard PJ/Ed do. It's one that hits you in the guts... but at the same time it feels like he's talking to you, and just you. It's beautiful! It has totally blown my mind!
    "...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"
  • Options
    Originally posted by elusive_one
    It feels like the most honest and intimate song I've ever heard PJ/Ed do. It's one that hits you in the guts... but at the same time it feels like he's talking to you, and just you. It's beautiful! It has totally blown my mind!

Well put elusive_one... when i first heard this i was just sitting in awe, like, what the hell was that? That was absolutely incredible! Listened to it a few more times and couldnt get over how haunting it was. Reminded me of a situation my best friend was in last year, sent him the song, and sure enough, it hit him hard cuz almost every word rang true for him.

Then my girlfriend of over a year broke up with me last week :( And although the entire song didnt hit home, the part where he says "the horror... every single thing i see is a reminder of her" always gets me. Its so true, everything i wear, everything i see, everything i do reminds me of her...... It's been really tough getting through it, and it will be awhile yet before i get over her, but Pearl Jam has been with me every step of the way :)

And im still here

Peace