Options

I'm Open

jlambrojlambro Posts: 5
With a couple threads on Push Me Pull me that are in this forum, I was reminded of that other, underrated, spoken word song: "I'm Open."

When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
By nine he had deciphered the illusion, trading magic for fact.
No tradebacks.
So this is what it's like to be an adult.
If he only knew now what he knew then.

While at the time (as a kid) it was great to realize these things about the world and trading in the illusions, I wish there were things in the world that I still looked at as "magic." But I can't remember any of those childhood superstitions. What a great lyric to express all that.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    man... I REALLY LOVE THIS SONG.... the lyrics is amazing....
    Don't let me know we're invisible
    Don't let me know we're invisible
    We could dance, dance, dance thru' the fire
    Dance, dance, dance thru' the fire
  • Options
    i like it too, not only the poem, but his voice...
    "My mom thinks I'm cool" "!! Are you calling me FAT?!" "FUCKING GRASS GRUBS!"
  • Options
    Everything about it is great. Does anyone know if it is Jack's music or a collaboration with the band?

I take it as coming to a greater understanding of yourself and starting a new life or beginning.
  • Options
    Really far-out tune.I like the message it gives.
    "Life Is one crushing defeat after another,until you just wish Flanders was dead!"
    -Homer J.Simpson
  • Options
    I love listening to this song when I'm laying in bed at night with all the lights out...ed's voice is perfect on this song
    Please don't smoke in smoke free buildings. You aren't cool, you're just an asshole
  • Options
    EddiEEddiE Posts: 125
    I've heard it's based on some Byron poems....anyone know if this is true?
    Paris 7/11/96
    Manchester 4/6/00