Options

Light Years

VedderGirl27VedderGirl27 Posts: 69
I LOVE this song. When i first bought this CD, Light Years was my instant favorite.I've always wondered though who this song is about.Anyone know?
There was a whole inside his soul a manicure couldn't fill. So he found himself a whore to love while daisies choked in the windowsill. *JK*
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
    I'm going off memory. but I read a story/interview back in 2000 and it's about a friend of Eddie's who passed away. young or old I'm not sure. but it's about a close friend he misses and is now *light years* away. don't *quote* me on that.

for me this song is about loss. and losing a close friend
  • Options
    i agree. It's a great song and one of my favorites off of Binaraul.

"We were but stones, you're light made us stars"
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Options
    a great song, wish it were played more, i luckily got it in stl 2000, and in chi in 2003. it is always a highlight for me whenever i hear it. perfectly describes the feeling of losing someone you love
  • Options
    He told me (and about 60.000 others) a little advice, to care about and love their friends. "Do any of you know the feeling when someone you loved or were friends with suddenly went away, not on this earth anymore, and you know you never got the chance to say goodbye? Take care of your friends and love them while they're still here. This was his intro to Lightyears. He said a name too but I don't remember it..
    to myself, i surrender
  • Options
    the name was diane.
  • Options
    great song... the studio version is amazing :D
    Don't let me know we're invisible
    Don't let me know we're invisible
    We could dance, dance, dance thru' the fire
    Dance, dance, dance thru' the fire
  • Options
    Light Years is awesome!
    "Standing above the crowd,
    He had a voice so strong and loud and I
    Swallowed his facade cuz I'm so
    Eager to identify with
    Someone above the ground,
    Someone who seemed to feel the same,
    Someone prepared to lead the way, with
    Someone who would die for me."
    -TOOL
  • Options
    rybesrybes Posts: 136
    Originally posted by A Meal
    He told me (and about 60.000 others) a little advice, to care about and love their friends. "Do any of you know the feeling when someone you loved or were friends with suddenly went away, not on this earth anymore, and you know you never got the chance to say goodbye? Take care of your friends and love them while they're still here. This was his intro to Lightyears. He said a name too but I don't remember it..

wow, the song was touching already... but after reading this.. it has taken on even more meaning!
  • Options
    Lotsa love for Light Years!
    It'd be my choice to hear live.
    Maybe BSB?