Options

Corduroy...my song for the day.

nfmessiahnfmessiah Posts: 58
well i was listening to tokyo '03 and disc 2 comes on and here comes the opening riff of one of the best live PJ songs. there's so much emotion behind this song i can't help but get into it everytime. its especially great as a set opener live.

"i figure i'll be damned, all alone like i began..."
once dissolved we are free to grow...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Yea but Ed seems to have lost the emotion some nights for this song. I sure love to hear it live though.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    when i last saw them they opened with it. at the time it seemed real intense. but yeah, i guess the emotion that went into creating something personal like this has waned over the years for Ed.
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Don't get me wrong here. He does pour the stuff you need into the song. I have a few bootlegs from other venues other then where I can get to. Some of the versions just lack the ooommmph. But hey it is like all of us. Some days at the job you give a 110% and they think your not. Other days your giving 60% and you have them fooled.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    that's true. i mean we can't expect him to be 200% everytime. i remember when they were here during the vitalogy (or vs. can't remember) tour, they had to start elderly woman all over because ed started with second verse first. but, the crowd was very forgiving. i think we were all just high on getting to see them.

oh yeah corduroy does rock no matter what.