Options

Boston tomorrow -- box office sales?

I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I was just going to try my luck on ticketmaster, but I also thought about going to the box office in person. I don’t know how many tickets are usually sold at the box office vs. ticketmaster. I’m just afraid there are going to be tons of pathetic ticket broker assholes using ticketmaster to stockpile tickets and scalp them for $500. I guess they could go to the box office too, but it’s probably not as efficient and takes more effort than going online. (I picture these people living in front of the computer in mom’s basement in the underwear they’ve been wearing for four days, taking the occasional break to slaughter a puppy or drink a nice tall glass of baby tears).
*Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    I was just going to try my luck on ticketmaster, but I also thought about going to the box office in person. I don’t know how many tickets are usually sold at the box office vs. ticketmaster. I’m just afraid there are going to be tons of pathetic ticket broker assholes using ticketmaster to stockpile tickets and scalp them for $500. I guess they could go to the box office too, but it’s probably not as efficient and takes more effort than going online. (I picture these people living in front of the computer in mom’s basement in the underwear they’ve been wearing for four days, taking the occasional break to slaughter a puppy or drink a nice tall glass of baby tears).

If your going in person go to some out of the way TM location - not the box office (think its at the Orpheum). The Sully and Murph South Boston scalping nextwork can't be stopped here.............

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    If your going in person go to some out of the way TM location - not the box office (think its at the Orpheum). The Sully and Murph South Boston scalping nextwork can't be stopped here.............

HEy Mark not all people from Southie are bad! I've lived here all my life and you met me at Modest Mouse at the Orpheum.... clearly we ALL aren't bad ;)
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    I_Got_Shit wrote:

Seriously (and I may regret saying this) is look up a Ticketmaster number that is not in Boston, New England or New York. Pick Seattle or Omaha- something like that. Call them for tickets. You should get right through.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    HEy Mark not all people from Southie are bad! I've lived here all my life and you met me at Modest Mouse at the Orpheum.... clearly we ALL aren't bad ;)

I like Southie and people like you Jim- but you must know the crew I'm talking about!!!!!!! Was speaking generally......its the same 10-20 guys at ever show, concert, event................buying, selling, upgrading, exchanging...........I have travled the world to see concerts and events and nothing beats the scalping organization you see here - everywhere else its more independent.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2