Options

u

sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
i love this song but why does it make me sad?

thought it was easy to fall in love but you you you
you're different this much i know yea you you you
it might be your guile it could be your mind
it might be the way you take your time
oh you you you
you it's you it's you you you
oh you it's you it's you you you
i never know how much to say with you you you
i like to go deep but is it safe with you you you
it might be your needs it could be your eyes
it might be the way you sympathize
oh you you you
oh you it's you it's you you you
you break laws and pay no fines
you get yours and then get mine
i don't think it's easy to stay in love
but you you you you
but you yes you it's you you you
ah you
it's you
it's you
it's you
ah you you you yes you
with you you you you ah
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I think it's that intro that gets you into a sad sorta mood. I mean, it's got this intensity-building, but it's dark at the same time, and then the song bursts into this rollicking love ditty. It toys with your emotions, and on purpose too I think. Also I think the lyrics suggest that the love Eddie is singing about is unrequited. Unrequited love is always sad.
  • Options
    Originally posted by grooveamatic
    I think it's that intro that gets you into a sad sorta mood. I mean, it's got this intensity-building, but it's dark at the same time, and then the song bursts into this rollicking love ditty. It toys with your emotions, and on purpose too I think. Also I think the lyrics suggest that the love Eddie is singing about is unrequited. Unrequited love is always sad.

yeah, i agree. this song does in some ways mess you up-coz it makes you wanna jump and go mental by the way it sounds-but when you listen and hear what he's saying you kinda have to step back and think....i think this song applies to alot of people.
  • Options
    I never really thought it was about unrequited (sp?) love, I just thought it was a song that is saying that love ain't easy, but it's worth it. It also doesn't make me feel sad though, cos I think it's a really cute song... but I think I know how it could make you kinda sad.

One of the best PJ b-sides imo :)
    "...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"
  • Options
    Originally posted by elusive_one

One of the best PJ b-sides imo :)

id agree with that.
  • Options
    PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266

One of the best PJ b-sides imo :) [/B]

I agree also!!
  • Options
    3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    i would love to hear the intro/outro of U made into a different song. I don't like how it goes into a bubblegum pop love song after it starts (and ends) w/ such an interesting, brooding piece of music.
    Live Free or Die!
  • Options
    Originally posted by 3sheets
    i would love to hear the intro/outro of U made into a different song. I don't like how it goes into a bubblegum pop love song after it starts (and ends) w/ such an interesting, brooding piece of music.

In a way I agree but in a way I don't. The intro/outro definately has potential to be it's own song, but I also really like the way they sandwich the love song and serve to give it a different feel. The ominous beginning and end slightly change everything in between, at least for me.