Options

...on hearing brother for the first time

I am a diehard fan, but I have never heard this song before. Yesterday i was listening to my brother's mix cd, and this song was on there. I was shocked because by no means is he a big fan. He likes them and has some studio and some live cd's, but not like I like PJ. He must have gotten the song off napster or something and didnt really know anything about the song. Anyway, my point is that the song is an old one, but i was shocked to hear it and think how much it sounds like the generic crap they play on alt rock radio these days. It sounded like one of those bands trying to play Ten-era songs of their own. I didnt mind the song so much as i couldnt believe how easily a song like this, the "sound" could be copied by the creeds and nickelbacks and 3 doors down of today.

on a side note, i felt the same way when i heard that Nirvana song You KNow Your Right. It sounded like new shit they play on the radio. Its weird to hear rare songs from these bands that are actually old and compare them to how well their sound can be copied by other bands.
Matt and I are friends.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GREAT SONG!!! :D
    Don't let me know we're invisible
    Don't let me know we're invisible
    We could dance, dance, dance thru' the fire
    Dance, dance, dance thru' the fire
  • Options
    lnfobnlnfobn Posts: 370
    I love Brother, always have, just because it just ROCKS and I like the screaming vocals, but you're right. It does sound like a lot of what's on the radio today.

I wonder... if I played Brother for my friends who are majorly into bands like Creed, or Good Charlotte, you think they'd like it (without me telling them who it's by beforehand)? Because then I could laugh so hard at them when I tell them it's "that crappy old band". :D
    Hey, reckless mind,
    Don't throw away your playful beginnings...