02. Corduroy
03. Why Go
{We have never played this song so close to where it was written and recorded}
04. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
05. Given To Fly
06. Scared Of Fear
07. React, Respond
08. Wreckage
09. Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall Part 2-(Waters) 1:30 some of the lyrics and some political lyrics}
10. Dark Matter
11.  Even Flow
12. Wishlist
13. Waiting For Stevie
14. Black
15. Running
16. Porch

17. Last Kiss-(Cochran) EV solo for his friend Mary?
18. Maybe It’s Time-(Jason Isabell) with Bradley Cooper
19. Crazy Mary-(Williams)
20. Do The Evolution
21. Alive
22. Rocking In The Free World-(Young) w/ Bradley Cooper on tambourine

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 863
    edited May 26
    What a show! After taking my kids to Sacramento on the 13th, this time I went with a dear member of my Jamily. What a difference it makes to be with a fellow adult fanatic! I sung my voice away tonight!

My experience of this show was that it was fast, highly energetic, and predictably focused on classics while thankfully giving us some really memorable moments.

Having seen Lukin live at two successive shows, I have a newfound respect for the song. I had hoped for a fast opener like Animal, and this was as fast as it gets.

Wishlist was a highlight. I am not sure that I’ve seen it live before (will have to check my old shows’ setlists) but this version was expanded and lovely.

I am a sucker for the slow Porch start which we got tonight, as it always reminds me of the jazzy acoustic Porch from Bridge School ‘96.

Last Kiss was unexpected and wonderful. Ed brought a lot of sound with just his voice and guitar.

Maybe It’s Time w/Bradley Cooper was the highlight of the show. Their voices duetted beautifully together, and it’s just such a damn lovely song.

Crazy Mary was something I had hoped for and was happy to receive. It’s referenced on the back of the poster (which I bought), so that’s kind of neat.

Another big highlight for me was Stone’s solo during RITFW- he brought it bigtime, and boy do I need more Stone solos in my life (no offense, Mike).

Just a great night of music. Only disappointment was that the crowd seemed less dense than expected and also not really into it the way a typical PJ crowd is. May have just been an effect of being in the blankets section. This crowd had completely slept on a sheer perfection set from My Morning Jacket and somehow totally showed up bigtime for Maná, including raucous singalongs- a feat that Ed couldn’t manage despite several tries (again, from my vantage point).

Very happy I went. Will have to think about finagling my way to Ohana.

Post edited by aurynsdad on
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!) • 5/13/24 Sacramento (Light Years! Picture in a Frame!) • 5/25/24 Bottle Rock (Last Kiss! Maybe It’s Time w/Bradley Cooper!)
  • Options
    Also, I think the name of the friend Ed dedicated Last Kiss to was Maricor.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!) • 5/13/24 Sacramento (Light Years! Picture in a Frame!) • 5/25/24 Bottle Rock (Last Kiss! Maybe It’s Time w/Bradley Cooper!)
  • Options
    RVMMFCRVMMFC Posts: 397
    Yes he played it for her at Bridge School year after year
    " I said there's nothing wrong with what you say. Believe me just asking you to sway. No white or black just grey. Can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?"
  • Options
    exploderballexploderball Posts: 159
    Great show! Mike laid down the best solo I've ever seen on Black. Daughter had a great jam, and Wishlist had some fun improv lyrics at the end.

It was both my kids' first PJ show, and the setlist was perfect for that. They loved every minute of it and each scored a copy of the setlist from a super nice merch roadie after the show!!

• Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 537
    Great show! Mike laid down the best solo I've ever seen on Black. Daughter had a great jam, and Wishlist had some fun improv lyrics at the end.

It was both my kids' first PJ show, and the setlist was perfect for that. They loved every minute of it and each scored a copy of the setlist from a super nice merch roadie after the show!!

Awesome!  Nice scores too.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,041
    That sounded really good!  I love that song.  Ed with a new acoustic, can anybody tell what kind it is?  Looks like a Martin to me but I can’t tell.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,733
    Why did Eddie have a IV in his arm?? 
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 872
    He had a bad tuna sandwich from room service the night before. 
  • Options
    Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 804
    edited May 26
    I was wondering the same. Did he speak to it? Or it could be that tape used by a lot of athletes. 
    Post edited by Vedder4Prez on
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 969
    Must have been the devil!!

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,532
    Some festivals you get Dave Grohl on tambourine
    On some you get Bradley Cooper
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,648
    Since it was a festival did they have the screen?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    Since it was a festival did they have the screen?
    They had a lower profile middle screen and the two side screens.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,648
    Thx!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    john.riedlzjohn.riedlz Posts: 72

Got wine spilled on me no less than five times during the set by drunkards.
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    Fun show, but yes, a very hit heavy show. I said to my friend about half way through that they aren't even trying to pretend it's not a greatest hits show. I went to Sacramento and they should have put a little more thought into what they played there knowing they are playing an hour away less than 2 weeks later. The non every night songs should have been different there and maybe only 4 new songs at Bottlerock. I can tell you my friend was stoked. He's not hardcore, but loves the new record and the classics, so I was happy for him. It was all solid, of course and Black was a great highlight, even if repeated. The first few songs of the encore were cool. I thought the solo Last Kiss was sweet and the song with Cooper was excellent. Crazy Mary is a favorite as well. Fun night. Lots of Pearl Jam shirts throughout the crowd during the day and it was pretty packed everywhere in the first half of the main stage for them. I stayed a bit more towards the back so a few of us could hang out without it being too tight. I was in the pit in Sacramento, so didn't care if I was I close last night. Was more interested in being with my long time friends. All good. Not sure when I'll see them again. Maybe So Cal at the end of the summer. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 510
    Liked the words he was singing, nearing the end of wishlist, "... sounds a lot like Bottlerock..."  cool fun from eddie.
  • Options
    Travels WithTravels With Posts: 564
    From where I was - left of the stage maybe 12-15 rows back, the band sounded great, the crowd was heavily into it.  It was awesome.  Yes, greatest hits - but I'm not chasing songs at a festival so it was just what I expected.  Went to Sac too - that was a ton of fun as well.  I'm not sure I've ever left a show (about 35 total which I know is modest around these parts) feeling like it wasn't that good. A PJ show is like a day fly fishing up small creek.  Somedays you catch and release fish all day long.  Some days you just do a whole lot of casting -- but either way it was a day well spent.  
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    Great show Saturday night. First time at bottle rock and it was a fun, well-run event. Good stuff and space all day to move around, great food and drinks. Cold War Kids were good and My Morning Jacket were fantastic with a killer set.

A LOT of PJ fans walking around all day repping their shirts. I was up about even with sound stage and had a great view. Sounded good. The video screens were great. They even had some extra high DEF cameras that were amazing on Mike solos. (can confirm his Black solo was out of this world). Seemed like they ran the band's tour stuff on the screens for the new songs. It being a fest, they did cut Porch and Crazy Mary a bit short. No dueling Mike-Boom solos on crazy mary which was a bummer since those have been fire the past ten years or so. 

Was hoping for a Release opener with that poster hint but all good. Not a big Lukin fan but it does set up Corduroy well. New songs sound great live, can't lie. but the crowd energy always hits different with their classics. Can't wait for MSG. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    From where I was - left of the stage maybe 12-15 rows back, the band sounded great, the crowd was heavily into it.  It was awesome.  Yes, greatest hits - but I'm not chasing songs at a festival so it was just what I expected.  Went to Sac too - that was a ton of fun as well.  I'm not sure I've ever left a show (about 35 total which I know is modest around these parts) feeling like it wasn't that good. A PJ show is like a day fly fishing up small creek.  Somedays you catch and release fish all day long.  Some days you just do a whole lot of casting -- but either way it was a day well spent.  
    well said
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,752
    Somebody's got to post a review of Megan Thee Stallion.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 510
    agreed, well said @Travels With
  • Options
    exploderballexploderball Posts: 159
    Another thing I noticed was that Ed's voice was on point all night. Hit all the notes just right, and even his growls sounded circa 1990s. It feels like these days his voice often slips or cracks a couple times per show, or he can't quite hit the high note. Not this night...
  • Options
    NK10452NK10452 Posts: 34
    Just heard the bootleg of this show last night.  I'm going to both NYC shows, one in philly, and one in boston, but i'll say it right now -- that was the waiting for stevie of the tour.  i can't get over how good that was.  sounding like freaking zeppelin.  unreal.
    I'm still alive