Options

Letter to Pearl Jam - Las Vegas Night 2 :-)

Mad MarkusMad Markus San Jose, California Posts: 4

Dear Ed, Jeff, Stone, Mike and Matt,

We are so grateful for your music. My wife, Susan, and I have been listening to you since we first starting dating in 1992 and are members of the 10C. We married in 1993 and your music has grown alongside our marriage. We just saw you play in Sacramento from the Pit, and It was an amazing experience, like they all have been each time we go to one of your shows. When we saw that Las Vegas was going to be one of the tour stops, we had to go.

In 2019, Susan’s older brother and my brother-in-law, John, moved to Las Vegas with his wife and called Vegas his home. He was a huge lover of music, as he owned an enormous vinyl collection and was a big Deadhead. Susan looked up to him very much. In June of 2021, right after Father’s Day, our family and the world lost John unexpectedly. One of the toughest parts of his passing was not being able to see his “Smile” and hear his laughter, one last time.

Being in Las Vegas this weekend will be emotional for us as we know we will be surrounded by John’s spirit, energy and love of music. Not just because this was his home, but also, by coincidence or not, the Grateful Dead are also here playing at the Sphere.

I don’t know if “Smile” is on your setlist for Saturday night, but if it is, just know we will be in tears, singing along loudly from the Floor Seats (we couldn’t get Pit) to that song so John can hear us.

Thank you again for being such incredibly caring and humble human beings and for being amazing musicians. We can't wait to see you on Saturday night and look forward to spending our wedding anniversary weekend once again at Ohana for the fourth year in a row!

Love,

Mark and Susan  :-)

Comments

• Options
    chalonchalon Posts: 114
    I can get behind Smile.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,799
    chalon said:
    I can get behind Smile.
    I third that!
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 477
    edited May 18
    Smile is great, and you have my support for it.  I love the whole No Code album, always a fun listen.
    Post edited by MikeDigs on