Options

Holding up signs at shows

sky08sky08 Posts: 43
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
(Before the following rant, let me say tonight was delicious) ...

Why, oh, why do some people think it's okay to hold up a huge sign for the whole damn show? Please please please don't do this. And if you are directly behind someone who's doing it -- for the love of God, ask them to stop. I can sympathize with the unpalatability of confronting a stranger, during what should be a happy time for all, to be told to lighten up and mind your business, but please dive on the bomb.

Memo to the the woman in section 63: WTF? The sign was about 3 by 3 feet, and you held it up for most of the show. Not only was it totally inconsiderate to the people around you, but you held it up at the weirdest times, like when the entire band was playing to the front. C'mon.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJ2k3PJ2k3 Posts: 218
    sky08 wrote:
    (Before the following rant, let me say tonight was delicious) ...

Why, oh, why do some people think it's okay to hold up a huge sign for the whole damn show? Please please please don't do this. And if you are directly behind someone who's doing it -- for the love of God, ask them to stop. I can sympathize with the unpalatability of confronting a stranger, during what should be a happy time for all, to be told to lighten up and mind your business, but please dive on the bomb.

Memo to the the woman in section 63: WTF? The sign was about 3 by 3 feet, and you held it up for most of the show. Not only was it totally inconsiderate to the people around you, but you held it up at the weirdest times, like when the entire band was playing to the front. C'mon.

That stupid fucking Bush Sucks sign? Even after Ed shined the 'guitar mirror' light on it, she still held it up. I was one section over. Sorry man.
    9/24/96, 6/14/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 9/1/00, 9/4/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/19/05, 9/30/05, 10/03/05, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 8/7/08 (Eddie solo)
  • Options
    PJ2k3 wrote:
    That stupid fucking Bush Sucks sign? Even after Ed shined the 'guitar mirror' light on it, she still held it up. I was one section over. Sorry man.

I don't know what was written on the stupid thing, but now that you mention "Bush Sucks," I think I saw that written on the back ... so I guess the sign was double-sided, had two different messages, so the moron held it up twice as often, or something.

Anyway, it was an unnecessary but minor glitch in an otherwise great night (Watch Tower!!). But tomorrow I'll have my 10C seat, and large signs will be dealt with harshly.

... And thanks for your kind empathy, man, but I'm a woman ... ;-)
  • Options
    dolly rockerdolly rocker Long Beach NY Posts: 345
    i agree the signs have good meaning// but enough already
  • Options
    just tinajust tina Posts: 277
    someone sitting two or three seats away from me had their sign taken away from them.
  • Options
    Also, PJ are pretty good about reading signs ... meaning that if they are within squinting distance, the guys usually make an effort to see what the message is ... so once they do that, put the damn thing down and enjoy the show, and let others do the same.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,752
    sky08 wrote:

some people are just inconsiderate and selfish...and they also need to buy a clue. there is a time to hold up a sign...and NOT when the band is playing. stop making the show about YOU and an insignificant sign.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    i agree the signs have good meaning// but enough already
    There is no good meaning behind this sign whatsover:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pearljamofficial/2562624372/in/set-72157605502801546/

Except for the fact that I want my frikking mullet back after Mike took it and didn't give it back from the show before!

Most of us signers are pretty aware that it gets annoying if we keep it up for long periods. There's a few who just don't understand it's not cool to keep the thing up for the whole show.

From up close in the front few rows, where the guys can actually read the thing on the odd occassion where we stick it up, at least it doesn't give off a huge flash from right in front of their eyes.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110