Options

Limited edition Red Portland Poster ?!

PJPJ Posts: 285

My buddy ended up getting this poster randomly from the merch booth. The woman said “oh this must be a mistake, are you sure you want it?” Have they ever done limited posters like this before? So badass. Any others out there?!??
2006-06-01 E. Rutherford 1
2008-06-24 NYC: MSG 1
2008-06-25 NYC: MSG 2
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,254
    $$$$$$
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,419
    PJ said:

My buddy ended up getting this poster randomly from the merch booth. The woman said “oh this must be a mistake, are you sure you want it?” Have they ever done limited posters like this before? So badass. Any others out there?!??
    Selling? 
  • Options
    He’s in shock. He hasn’t mentioned selling. I’m curious how many others, if any, are out there??
  • Options
    ItsmillertymeItsmillertyme Posts: 59
    many artists make variants of their posters and that variant looks better than the original.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,490
    I’ve seen it done for other bands.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,229
    PJ said:
    He’s in shock. He hasn’t mentioned selling. I’m curious how many others, if any, are out there??
    I would certainly want more info on that before considering selling. It looks awesome.
  • Options
    Hope the artist copies are this version. And I was thinking this AP would be an easy pass lol 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,298
    That’s pretty nice, cool to put some in the decks 
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,826
    That variant is fire! Lucky bastard.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    rheadorange1rheadorange1 Posts: 30
    Looks like you're buddy is at home or he snuck some staplers past the metal detectors

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,229
    Looks like you're buddy is at home or he snuck some staplers past the metal detectors

It opened at noon
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,661
    I like this variant more than the original.
  • Options
    pjatbestpjatbest Vermont Posts: 11
    pjl44 said:

It opened at noon
    You said he went to get one and got this one. It’s clearly next to the original. Did he get both? Any numbering on the back? Can he share a few more pictures? That’s cool! 
  • Options
    Naked JohnNaked John Posts: 292
    The variant is a better combination of color...LOVE THE PRINT
  • Options
    rheadorange1rheadorange1 Posts: 30
    Well. My bad, apologies. 
  • Options
    AMENt_TO_THATAMENt_TO_THAT Norwegia Posts: 396
    PJ said:

At PJ20, I was randomly given the Ames purple variant poster at the merch booth, so it does happen from time to time. Congrats to your buddy 🔥🤙
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,490
    edited May 11
    Ernie Parada printed 10 gold foil versions of his Gaslight Anthem tour poster and slipped 7 of them into the boxes of posters he shipped to the band.  

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,451
    edited May 11
    I was luck to score one of Brads variants at the Hamilton show back in 2011.
    HAIL HAIL THE LUCKY ONES!!!!!

Post edited by DavidD on
  • Options
    pjatbest said:
    pjl44 said:

It opened at noon
    You said he went to get one and got this one. It’s clearly next to the original. Did he get both? Any numbering on the back? Can he share a few more pictures? That’s cool! 
    He did get both. The back is exactly the same as the others, has the silver sticker and a unique number on it. The only thing different is the red highlights. He’s so stoked! 
  • Options
    wwsuicide said:
    +1. Looks like your friend didn't hit the jackpot but it's pretty cool that they're mixing some variants in 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,177
    And sold out!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,177
    DavidD said:
    I was luck to score one of Brads variants at the Hamilton show back in 2011.
    HAIL HAIL THE LUCKY ONES!!!!!

That's awesome!!! What a night that was.  :)
  • Options
    LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 769
    SHZA said:
    wwsuicide said:
    +1. Looks like your friend didn't hit the jackpot but it's pretty cool that they're mixing some variants in 
    well, we know at least 100 S&N. begs the question how many at the show got one unsigned & numbered…
  • Options
    LukinAtU said:
    SHZA said:
    wwsuicide said:
    well, we know at least 100 S&N. begs the question how many at the show got one unsigned & numbered…
    Unnumbered, yeah? Apparently not many. A friend went around to four merch stands and had them go through the stacks and there were no red ones 
  • Options
    LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 769
    SHZA said:
    LukinAtU said:
    SHZA said:
    wwsuicide said:
    Unnumbered, yeah? Apparently not many. A friend went around to four merch stands and had them go through the stacks and there were no red ones 
    i applaud the effort. i did land an AP though. finally got lucky