igotid88 said:
    Knicks can't win easily 
    They are entertaining.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,107
    igotid88 said:
    Knicks can't win easily 
    They are entertaining.
    the games are like watching Robert Hays trying to land the plane while sweating profusely.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,284
    igotid88 said:
    Knicks can't win easily 
    They are entertaining.
    the games are like watching Robert Hays trying to land the plane while sweating profusely.
    Shirley you can't be serious.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,562
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    Knicks can't win easily 
    They are entertaining.
    those games could give a guy a drinking problem.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,157
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    Knicks can't win easily 
    They are entertaining.
    those games could give a guy a drinking problem.
    stop sniffing glue memes  quickmeme
  • Options
    Pacers look overwhelmed by the Knicks.

The whole team is stepping up.  Wow.  Team ball.  
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,495

I didn't see the whole game/s, but looking at the Final scores the Pacers had a chance to win both games?
  • Options
    cutz said:

I didn't see the whole game/s, but looking at the Final scores the Pacers had a chance to win both games?
    First one definitely.  Refs blew that one.
  • Options
    So Knicks fans.  Question.  Is this the swansong for them?  Do they fall apart next year? 
    or
    Does Randle coming back healthy make them repeat their ascension?
  • Options
    So Knicks fans.  Question.  Is this the swansong for them?  Do they fall apart next year? 
    or
    no idea, but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be good next year with a full year of better health. 
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,487
    They might upgrade from Randle
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    or
    no idea, but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be good next year with a full year of better health. 
    igotid88 said:
    Reason why I ask is I've seen this story before.  Team overachieves and can't make it back to that.

Jalen Brunson is a stud and I don't see him tailing off but the counterparts perhaps?

As for upgrading for Randle, he's the reason people actually wanted to come.  Brunson came because of him I thought I read?
  • Options
    or
    igotid88 said:
    Reason why I ask is I've seen this story before.  Team overachieves and can't make it back to that.

Jalen Brunson is a stud and I don't see him tailing off but the counterparts perhaps?

As for upgrading for Randle, he's the reason people actually wanted to come.  Brunson came because of him I thought I read?
    Now Brunson will be the reason
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    or
    igotid88 said:

He should get most improved player award.  
  • Options
    or
    igotid88 said:

I'm sure those are things the Knicks aren't concerned about now, especially being up 2-0 in a series and potentially making their deepest run since Ewing's last season.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,370
    edited May 10
    I think they're better without Randle. He's so overrated. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    or
    igotid88 said:

Maxey.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Damn it. Anunoby needs to come back 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    or
    igotid88 said:

Maxey.
    Maxey didn't carry the team like Brunson did.  Just my opinion.  
  • Options
    or
    igotid88 said:

I'm sure those are things the Knicks aren't concerned about now, especially being up 2-0 in a series and potentially making their deepest run since Ewing's last season.
    Ahem...
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,284
    igotid88 said:
    or
    igotid88 said:

Maxey.
    Dude had an awful lot on his shoulders considering the Lion Killer missed 43 games.
    Rest of that Philly roster was pretty average and/or dog shit.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    or
    igotid88 said:

Maxey.
    Dude had an awful lot on his shoulders considering the Lion Killer missed 43 games.
    Also it's Most Improved...not MVP
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    or
    igotid88 said:

Maxey.
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    or
    igotid88 said:

Maxey.
    I'll say this for Brunson.  His team won where Embiid was not in the lineup the were like a 40% winning team.

So how is Maxey the most improved player?

I do not see it, sorry.
  • Options
    edited May 14
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    or
    igotid88 said:

Maxey.
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    or
    igotid88 said:

Maxey.
    I'll say this for Brunson.  His team won where Embiid was not in the lineup the were like a 40% winning team.

I do not see it, sorry.
    Because Most Improved has nothing to do what any of this. Brunson is the better player and his supporting cast was better than the Sixers' supporting cast...by a wide margin. 

Maxey already won the Most Improved Player award because his points per game increased by 6, his rebounds increased by 1, and his assists per game increased by 3. VORP! jumped from 1.3 to 3.4 too lol. 

Brunson's numbers all pretty much stayed the same, except for his increase in points, which is largely due to the Randle injury I would think. He was already a star. Maxey made that stardom jump this year.  
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Fuck. Knicks are going to lose. Brunson is out with a fractured left hand. OG is out.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Hard to win when they're shooting 70% and you're shooting 45
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    That bad pass while we were down 7 cost us. We were rolling. Then the Pacers went up 14
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,439
    Tough to win a series when 4 of your 5 starters are out/hurt. I do know that as a die-hard fan, I am tired of the fanbase and the media saying "they did good things this season" like the Knicks haven't been decent for a few years. I'm happy to not have to sit through 17-win seasons, but at some point the Knicks have to surpass their previous accomplishments. Need to stop being okay with being.. okay. Last 2 games were lost due to terribly-timed turnovers. So bad that I thought Randle was playing. I also think Thibs quit too early in game 6. Was surprised no one pointed that out anywhere.
  • Options
    Tough to win a series when 4 of your 5 starters are out/hurt. I do know that as a die-hard fan, I am tired of the fanbase and the media saying "they did good things this season" like the Knicks haven't been decent for a few years. I'm happy to not have to sit through 17-win seasons, but at some point the Knicks have to surpass their previous accomplishments. Need to stop being okay with being.. okay. Last 2 games were lost due to terribly-timed turnovers. So bad that I thought Randle was playing. I also think Thibs quit too early in game 6. Was surprised no one pointed that out anywhere.
    Perhaps they will be It's tough to take anything way from winning 50 games and getting to the verge of the conference finals. Considering they've won 50 games twice since the Patrick Ewing era ended, it stands out and if subsequent seasons go even better with wins and health, you might view this as a step in the climb like when the Bulls lost to the Pistons before finally beating them. Until we what it looks like a year from now, it's hard not to appreciate how this season went.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    or
    igotid88 said:

Maxey.
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    or
    igotid88 said:

Maxey.

I do not see it, sorry.
    Because Most Improved has nothing to do what any of this. Brunson is the better player and his supporting cast was better than the Sixers' supporting cast...by a wide margin. 

Maxey already won the Most Improved Player award because his points per game increased by 6, his rebounds increased by 1, and his assists per game increased by 3. VORP! jumped from 1.3 to 3.4 too lol. 

Brunson's numbers all pretty much stayed the same, except for his increase in points, which is largely due to the Randle injury I would think. He was already a star. Maxey made that stardom jump this year.  
    Thats fair.  My assumption of the award was off.  Last year he made the big jump in points.