Options

Ted Leo and the Pharmacists

evenflowwmaevenflowwma Posts: 75
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists. wow, cannot wait for them to rock the garden!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 245
    Yeah, these guys have grown on me the last few nights. When I heard they were opening, I got some studio stuff to get familiar with them. The studio does not do them justice.

Do yourselves a favor, and skip that last pre-concert beer, make your way past the hackey-sackers:) and give them a chance to rock your world. It's going to echo so beautifully throughout the garden tonight.
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • Options
    i was being sarcastic. i have very little intrest in them.
  • Options
    I was not impressed. Of course that could be because the sound sucked so bad. It literally huirt my ears. (DC)
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    VVVFFVVVFF Posts: 9
    I really enjoyed Ted Leo. They were loud, fast, lots of energy, and fun. Ear plugs are needed...but they really sound great.

Never saw anyone with such quick guitar moves.

Think I'll look for them when they are back in D.C.
    There's more to balance than not falling over.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    different to pj in he fact that they are constantly fast and loud. I actually don't mind them but wouldn't buy there CD's or anything.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,279
    I thought they were not bad, but yeah, the sound was awful, as in, they were painfully loud.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    I thought the lead singer was really awful, in addition to their music. Not up to PJ usual standards for an opening band.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    haha so I'm not the only one!

I saw them in DC.
    I was not impressed. Of course that could be because the sound sucked so bad. It literally huirt my ears. (DC)
  • Options
    LordchezzLordchezz Posts: 201
    so...Sleather Kinney >>>>>>>>>> Teddy Leo?
    Saw things so much clearer...Montreal 2000; Montreal 2003; Montreal 2005; Ottawa 2005; Halifax 2005; Mansfield 1 08; Mansfield 2 08
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Lordchezz wrote:
    so...Sleather Kinney >>>>>>>>>> Teddy Leo?

No.
  • Options
    No.

Thank the good lord...
    Saw things so much clearer...Montreal 2000; Montreal 2003; Montreal 2005; Ottawa 2005; Halifax 2005; Mansfield 1 08; Mansfield 2 08
  • Options
    I still cannot listen to those RITFWs from 2003 ...
  • Options
    I had three of them in 05...*shivers*

They should bring the Buzzcocks back..those guys were fun...

Old as hell, but fun nonetheless
  • Options
    On a somewhat related note, I hate these "so-and-so and the X" band names. They sound ridiculous ... "Giant ego and the rest of the band" ...

Eddie Vedder and the Pearl Jams?
  • Options
    Theres a canadian musician named Matthew Good who's known to be an ego maniac...

His group is called Matthew Good and his band (that was on the bill when he rolled into town last month) as opposed to the now defunct Matthew Good Band
  • Options
    Lordchezz wrote:
    Theres a canadian musician named Matthew Good who's known to be an ego maniac...

His group is called Matthew Good and his band (that was on the bill when he rolled into town last month) as opposed to the now defunct Matthew Good Band

Apparently he learned a lot the first time through ...
    :)
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    they just took the stage at MSG
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    IS this now the official TLATP Setlist thread?
  • Options
    On a somewhat related note, I hate these "so-and-so and the X" band names. They sound ridiculous ... "Giant ego and the rest of the band" ...

Eddie Vedder and the Pearl Jams?

elvis costello and the attractions
    bruce springsteen and the e street band
    neil young and crazy horse

fuckin' assholes. all of 'em!