Options

*** MSG I Setlist Thread ***

Comments

• Options
    justam wrote:
    LukinFan, thanks so much for the relay!! :):)

DITTO! Much obliged, LukinFan and others for their live updates! I played the songs on my computer like a dork as each one popped up. Next best thing to being there, right? (as I try to convince myself... wah-waaaaah)
    2003: New York, NY I and II (MSG), Holmdel, NJ (PNC Bank Arts Center)
    2005: Philadelphia, PA (Wachovia Center)
    2006: E. Rutherford, NJ II (Continental Airlines Arena)
    2008: Camden, NJ II (Susquehanna Bank Center)
    2010: Newark, NJ (Prudential Center)
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    very solid

and still a night II to go...
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    no problem, but all of the credit goes to ThrowUrArmsAroundMe. And she said she'd do the same tomorrow for us again

Tks
    Mil besos!!!!!
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    SWEET Setlist. Fortunately, outside of Present Tense, Miracles, and Indifference, I did see the rest over the 3 shows I could afford to attend. Awesome tour, hope everyone is having as much FUN as I did!!!!!
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Crowd Energy Doesn't Sell Bootlegs!
  • Options
    good setlist, my favorite so far
  • Options
    I wish I could follow night 2 tomorrow, but I guess my wedding aniv. takes precedence....I'll still try to sneak over to the computer though :cool:
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    SWEET Setlist. Fortunately, outside of Present Tense, Miracles, and Indifference, I did see the rest over the 3 shows I could afford to attend. Awesome tour, hope everyone is having as much FUN as I did!!!!!

You couldn't have seen Spin and Wasted Reprise.
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    so if were to send texts to someone on this board from the hartford and both mansfield shows. I don't really know anyone (who would be on the board) to send them too. I could try to take a picture of the poster and shirts...perhaps win the lottery and take awesome pictures from the front row....

I feel that I owe it to the others that are on the set list threads since I am always here watching/reading on the shows that I am not at. I love these threads. They are always very exciting
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    ryley34ryley34 Posts: 33
    As a somewhat 'veteran' of 37 shows...I've come to the conclusion that I am lucky to even be there - let alone expect any certain songs to be played.

I told my brother last week...he didn't have tickets to Camden 2 - my words exactly were "better to be there and listen to the music, hear and feel the crowd and "know" the words because they mean something different to everyone...than to have a good seat or even a seat at all!"

It's all about the music, people...just the music.................
    Lisa

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body."

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take...but by the moments that takes our breath away...."
  • Options
    I still prefer Bonnaroo with the Release encore, dedicated to Luc Russert on Father's Day.
  • Options
    Forgot the thank the relay tonight...you guys are awesome!
    Lisa

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body."

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take...but by the moments that takes our breath away...."
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    thanks Lukin and Throw!!
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    AO JammerAO Jammer Posts: 12
    ryley34 wrote:
    As a somewhat 'veteran' of 37 shows...I've come to the conclusion that I am lucky to even be there - let alone expect any certain songs to be played.

I told my brother last week...he didn't have tickets to Camden 2 - my words exactly were "better to be there and listen to the music, hear and feel the crowd and "know" the words because they mean something different to everyone...than to have a good seat or even a seat at all!"

It's all about the music, people...just the music.................

Very nicely said.
    .....every show in New England since 1996.
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    I still prefer Bonnaroo with the Release encore, dedicated to Luc Russert on Father's Day.
    my friends were at Bonnaroo, they have this newspaper that they handed out to the people of Bonnaroo and they claimed that it was Pearl Jam's career defining performance. My friends thought it was the best PJ show they had ever seen.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    Thanks to everyone that had a hand in relaying I'm heading to night 2... I CAN'T WAIT!!! I hope night two lives up too this!!!!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Dude you keep reading my mind tonight!!! Like every damn message you posted, I wanted to post first but you beat me to it!

haha. I'm currently thinking that Bonnaroo was legend and that w/ Gurenteed in the setlist Virginia Beach isn't getting the love it deserves..it has been this tour's whipping boy but it is still better than Tampa and WPB.

Bonaroo blows MSG1 out of the water
  • Options
    cool set, i would have loved to be there, but i'd have to imagine the people there who have already seen them a few times this tour were hoping for something a little different. maybe im wrong.
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense

9/28/05 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    8/2/07 Vic
    8/5/07 Lolla
    6/16/08 Columbia
    8/17/08 DC (EV Solo)
  • Options
    AO Jammer wrote:
    Very nicely said.
    Thanks, man...needless to say, he was at Camden 2 with me even though he bought tickets that day!

Wish I was there tonight...but unfortunatley, 'real' life won out for me....3 kids in 2 years (5/06, 5/07,5/08 - no joke!!) Diapers and formula are expensive!!

I will be there tomorrow!
    Lisa

• Options
    cool set, i would have loved to be there, but i'd have to imagine the people there who have already seen them a few times this tour were hoping for something a little different. maybe im wrong.

I was hoping for more myself. All in all it's a solid setlist, but there wasn't really anything that was pulled out for MSG like we thought there would be. They brought out a replacement for a replacement Ramone to do a song they have done 50x before, opened with a song they have opened with all tour, they did watchtower for the 4th (?) time this tour, debuted Reprise (big deal), basically I expected more that the same rarities they have been doing all tour....but I'm not really complaining they are still the best band in the world. I guess I just set my hopes too high....which is why they should have taken my advice of opening with Last Kiss..that way the bar is set low and there is nowhere to go but up!!

well tomorrow is a new day
  • Options
    AO JammerAO Jammer Posts: 12
    ryley34 wrote:
    Thanks, man...needless to say, he was at Camden 2 with me even though he bought tickets that day!

Wish I was there tonight...but unfortunatley, 'real' life won out for me....3 kids in 2 years (5/06, 5/07,5/08 - no joke!!) Diapers and formula are expensive!!

I will be there tomorrow!

I hear that. My girl is a little over 8 months. Have a good night.
    .....every show in New England since 1996.
  • Options
    I suspect they'll be a few surprises tomorrow ... Its all good.
  • Options
    jam_headjam_head Posts: 125
    ' wrote:
    V[ANTIS']Too Much Hype...

just got back my friend and you could NOT be further from the truth.
    maybe u should go to a msg show sometime and see what its about.
    7/1/03- DC, 7/12/03- Hershey, 9/28/04- Boston, 10/1/04- Reading, 10/3/05- Philly, 5/27/06- Camden I, 5/28/06- Camden II, 5/30/06- DC, *7/22/06- Gorge I, 7/23/06- Gorge II*, 6/20/08- Camden II, 6/22/08- DC, *6/24/08- MSG I, 6/25/08- MSG II*
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    And that's why I am traveling 3000 miles, not to mention seriously wrecking my budget, so that I can see those setlists and feel them with my own eyes and ears and soul and all that other crap a human being has. But yeah, people don't understand. It's not like we'd prefer to be in front of the computer like a loser than being there. But if it's MSG and everybody has been building this shit up like crazy, well, you might want to give'em something you haven't debuted this tour yet. I mean, is that too much to ask? Are we spoiled motherfuckers for making that simple request?

Well, they did debut two PJ originals ... For them this tour, that's low, granted ...
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    The setlists on this whole tour have been great. Tonight was no exception.
    Brian
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    And that's why I am traveling 3000 miles, not to mention seriously wrecking my budget, so that I can see those setlists and feel them with my own eyes and ears and soul and all that other crap a human being has. But yeah, people don't understand. It's not like we'd prefer to be in front of the computer like a loser than being there. But if it's MSG and everybody has been building this shit up like crazy, well, you might want to give'em something you haven't debuted this tour yet. I mean, is that too much to ask? Are we spoiled motherfuckers for making that simple request?
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts and feelings exactly...
    Lisa

• Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    thunderDAN wrote:
    basically I expected more that the same rarities they have been doing all tour....but I'm not really complaining they are still the best band in the world.
    LOL
    um, yeah, Dan you are :)

You know what I think though, I think you can read the list online but nothing compares to actually being there and hearing the live performance. At the Garden!
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    spoiled brats
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    You couldn't have seen Spin and Wasted Reprise.
    Dork. Saw them in the past anyway.
  • Options
    Dork. Saw them in the past anyway.

That's me!