Options

DM Songs setlist spots

sweetlew33sweetlew33 Sun's Trapdoor Posts: 80
I've been thinking about where the songs of Dark Matter might end up in the upcoming setlists.  Here are some places I think the songs would fit well. 

1. Scared of Fear: Opens the show.  If they want to kick off with a rocker, this one would be perfect.  Plus, it would build some anticipation of, "Are they playing the whole album?"
2. React, Respond: Around halfway through the first set.  Would work well paired with a classic crowd pleaser like Daughter or Betterman
3. Wreckage: Penultimate song of first encore.  I think it would flow nicely into a rocking end to that part of the set.
4. Dark Matter: Early in the first set, 3rd song or so.  Obviously going to play this one a lot and I think they get to it quick. 
5. Won't tell: This fits into the React, Respond slot when they don't play that one...also around halfway through the first set. 
6. Upper Hand: Lights on, end of show.  Call my crazy, but that guitar outro and "Carry me Home" would be a cool nightcap. 
7: Waiting for Stevie: I could see this as the 2nd song of the show after a Release/Pendulum opener. 
8: Running: 2nd song of the first encore after a toned down start. 
9. Something Special: I like this song and need to convince my daughters to use it in their weddings (the oldest is 11, so I have some time, I hope).  However, I could see it becoming a piss/beer break song slotted in 4th from the end of the first set. Either that, or open the encore with this to the folks in the back.  Better than Last Kiss! 
10. Got to Give: Also near the end of the first set, a solid one to mix into the rotation.  
11. Setting Sun: Ed and Glen together as a preset....don't be late. 

Thoughts?  Wherever these songs end up, I'm pumped to hear them live.  See you in Philly. 

Comments

• Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 664
    edited May 4
    They only do one encore since Covid, so Wreckage will have to be earlier. I don’t want Ed & Glen on Setting Sun, I want Ed & Glen on Tender Mercies and Setting Sun in full-band magic. I think Stevie into Alive could work really well. I also think Scared would make a good opener (or Dark Matter) but it depends if they still do the first five songs seated this year. If they do, I think Upper Hand would fit fifth in the “kick the stools” spot. I hope they get in the whole album across the 2 show cites.
  • Options
    sweetlew33sweetlew33 Sun's Trapdoor Posts: 80
    Good call on Tender Mercies, excited to see any collaboration they do.  With 11 new songs to work in, I was holding out some hope for double encore...guess we'll find out soon.  
  • Options
    chrisr211977chrisr211977 Posts: 92
    Killer setlist. Played 9 new songs and closed with Setting Sun.
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2024/rogers-arena-vancouver-bc-canada-3abb9d7.html
    I don't believe nothin', even if it's true.
    "That's a vibe" - Ryan Miller

9/11/2022 - Madison Square Garden, New York
    Other bands
    Guster - 8/12/2023
    Guster - 3/30/2024
    Guster - 8/11/2024
    Built to Spill - 9/1/2024
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 660
    I think it’s funny that one of the two they didn’t play seems to be the overwhelming favorite song on here. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,882
    ZoSoTim said:
    I think it’s funny that one of the two they didn’t play seems to be the overwhelming favorite song on here. 
    Hoping it doesn’t become the new “getaway”. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,229
    nicknyr15 said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    Hoping it doesn’t become the new “getaway”. 
    It’ been one (1) concert played
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"