Albany LAX team singing Alive

JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
Before every game. Video and article 

https://x.com/mattkinnear/status/1786017626675707964?s=46

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,245
    edited May 3
    Was just about to post this.  Saw it on Twitter,  pretty damn cool.  This song still gets me when it’s played.  Will also be that song for me.

read the article from in the link as well.  Been playing it for 11 years now before each game.  Emotional story.  And coach has seen 30 shows. Awesome 
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    mkinnearmkinnear Posts: 36
    Thanks for posting. I wrote this story — perhaps the story I was born to write. Scott, the coach, is as genuine as it gets and could talk PJ all day. They blasted Pearl Jam heading into the 4Q in the stadium. 

Albany won their conference semifinal last night and plays Saturday for the league championship and an AQ to the NCAA Tournament. 

JP from the story was right there in the huddle and with Scott on the broadcast postgame. 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,245
    mkinnear said:
    Thanks for posting. I wrote this story — perhaps the story I was born to write. Scott, the coach, is as genuine as it gets and could talk PJ all day. They blasted Pearl Jam heading into the 4Q in the stadium. 

Albany won their conference semifinal last night and plays Saturday for the league championship and an AQ to the NCAA Tournament. 

JP from the story was right there in the huddle and with Scott on the broadcast postgame. 
    Congrats, great story.  Loved reading it.
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    mkinnear said:

Awesome stuff and great story. Good to see young kids appreciating PJ. Most of this generation would probably be singing Wet Ass Pussy by Cardi B 😂
  • Options
    bmurray06bmurray06 Austin, Texas Posts: 143
    edited May 3
    Will take this news story over the Rangers blasting creed all last year anyday. Maybe PJ will add an Albany secret show :).
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 784
    So cool