2»

Comments

• Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    sennin wrote:
    Good times at the High Dive!

Abso-freaking-lutely!!!!

I love Fremont. =)

I usually hate country music to the point that I will tell Doctors I am allergic to it, just in case they have a Hankerin' (:p - *slaps own knee with pride in dorkiness*) to play some should I ever end up under the knife. Country will kill me, I say.

Not tonight. Tonight was LIVING. I love life. :D
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    emeraldkityemeraldkity Posts: 370
    Thanks Stone- I woulda put Janis at the end though.
    ( and brought Mike and Tim up)
    Thanks-Vince did a good job too. ( and Jeff) ;)
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    I was at the gig last night at the High Dive, and it was a blast. This was clearly a group of friends on stage just having some fun playing some music they loved. Real loose and easy going. Stone looked like he was having a great time. The songs were fun, very country. Vince Mira sang "Your Cheatin Heart" and brought the house down with that amazing deep voice of his. All the singers had a turn doing a several songs including a few duets, and the band was really keeping the mood up and festive. A very cool night of good music for a good cause. I hope Stone does it again real soon.
    Sam
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    It was so good to see Stone again, and yes, all loose and kicked back and rustic, good times! Dan, Angie, Wade, David and Lisa - a big YYYHHAAAA to ya'll!

Then I was even happier hearing the news the record is DONE!!!! (don't freak out, talking about Stone's next) I LOVE bayleaf, can't wait to hear this one.

UrbanHiker- you were smiling the whole time and even muttering some lyrics - who are you foolin' girl??

I now feel ready for Nashville!

(and on another note, what is it about Mike following me around lately everywhere I go? s-c-a-r-y ;P)
  • Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    DETAILS, I NEED DETAILS, there's just enough of a tease here to frustrate the hell out of me!!!

Please, when you folks wake up and have your coffee, just let your fingers do the talking -- every detail you can think of -- have mercy on those of us who couldn't be there!!!!

And the album is done! I love Bayleaf too! Not to mention Mr. Gossard, et al...
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    It was really cool to see Mike and Ashley hanging out for the show! As well as Gary Westlake, the Friel's, Feilder, DiJulio.....all having a great time watching Stone and the band! The girls rocked!
  • Options
    god I hate to be a *itch but I wouldn't call barely an hour a " night of music"

I admit though that I left when everyone packed up, don't tell me they came back?
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    god I hate to be a *itch but I wouldn't call barely an hour a " night of music"

I admit though that I left when everyone packed up, don't tell me they came back?

It was a fine Wednesday night of music for me!
  • Options
    It was a fine Wednesday night of music for me!

Well ya, but I didn't go out to see UFO after, H & I walked home.
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    (Yeah, well, it was also the great opener for the Retro British Rock band I got to see right after... :))

Stone opened with "Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz", then talked about listening to hank Williams as a kid and going back to it and enjoying his love songs... Introduced the singer from his choir for some songs... I'm trying to recal the setlist.. All I can think of is "Your Cheatin' Heart" and "Honky Tonkin'"... They had a Clarinet player which was pretty cool... And Vince Mira lifted up the place with that big voice... After the show Stone hung out and was kind to sign people's stuff and chill... I asked him about his next record and it's coming out, so that's good news! No word about a proper Seattle PJ show though...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2919219&l=afc04&id=877405320
  • Options
    ....and there's another Hank Williams Choir show tonight at the Triple Door.
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    (Yeah, well, it was also the great opener for the Retro British Rock band I got to see right after... :))

Stone opened with "Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz", then talked about listening to hank Williams as a kid and going back to it and enjoying his love songs... Introduced the singer from his choir for some songs... I'm trying to recal the setlist.. All I can think of is "Your Cheatin' Heart" and "Honky Tonkin'"... They had a Clarinet player which was pretty cool... And Vince Mira lifted up the place with that big voice... After the show Stone hung out and was kind to sign people's stuff and chill... I asked him about his next record and it's coming out, so that's good news! No word about a proper Seattle PJ show though...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2919219&l=afc04&id=877405320

THANK YOU! And a photo! You're great...there's a shot of him up on the Brad site that had me worried, he didn't look like all was well...now I can relax, he looks like a million damn dollars.

Mind if I try to jog your memory? I'll mention a few songs, and we'll see if Stone or someone else did them? I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry, Lonesome Highway, I Can't Help It If I'm Still In Love With You? And I take it Mike was in the audience, he didn't play??

Thanks again for everything, especially the pic!
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
  • Options
    jamainiacjamainiac Posts: 429
    MrsOakley wrote:
    THANK YOU! And a photo! You're great...there's a shot of him up on the Brad site that had me worried, he didn't look like all was well...now I can relax, he looks like a million damn dollars.

Mind if I try to jog your memory? I'll mention a few songs, and we'll see if Stone or someone else did them? I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry, Lonesome Highway, I Can't Help It If I'm Still In Love With You? And I take it Mike was in the audience, he didn't play??

... I know Dan has the set list... so he can fill this out :)

I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive

Angel of Death

Mind Your Own Business

Cool Water
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    MrsOakley wrote:

hahaha.. I'm trying! Country is not my usual thing, but this night was fun!

I Can't Help It If I'm Still In Love With You - could be! (Dan - help - you have the setlist!) oh, yeah, I'm pretty sure that was the one :)

Mike didn't go up, was supporting from the floor and blockin my way to the bathroom...

Stone was smiling all along, no need to worry!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2919220&l=3c5b5&id=877405320
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    id give my left nut to be able to see this :D
  • Options
    id give my left nut to be able to see this :D

I'd give mine for a fancy digital SLR that can capture great shots in low light without a flash :p

http://picasaweb.google.com/adelicateflower/StoneHighDiveMay08
    she lets go
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    hahaha.. I'm trying! Country is not my usual thing, but this night was fun!

I Can't Help It If I'm Still In Love With You - could be! (Dan - help - you have the setlist!) oh, yeah, I'm pretty sure that was the one :)

Mike didn't go up, was supporting from the floor and blockin my way to the bathroom...

Stone was smiling all along, no need to worry!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2919220&l=3c5b5&id=877405320

Oh, I get it, you're going to kill me ONE PHOTO AT A TIME!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!

It doesn't look like I have to worry, and I just hope he keeps his hair like that for the tour, click click, click click...

I will be patient and wait for the set list...no really...

This has really been some month, Eddie's shows going so well, Mike's show, now Stone, all we need is some footage of Jeff slamming David Stern's head against a half pipe...
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
  • Options
    billtospillbilltospill Posts: 60
    sennin wrote:
    It was really cool to see Mike and Ashley hanging out for the show! As well as Gary Westlake, the Friel's, Feilder, DiJulio.....all having a great time watching Stone and the band! The girls rocked!

man, all those dudes talked through the whole show! i love them all but before the show mike musburger said that they would be playing pretty quiet and a conversation could drown out the music. it did at some points, but they all shut their pie holes at UFO! which was pretty cool also.
    madison, wi october 16, 1991
    east troy, wi august 29, 1992- stage two set by eddie and chris cornell
    vancouver, bc september 2, 2005- backstage with the supersuckers
    george, wa july 23, 2006
  • Options
    so how was UFO?
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    so how was UFO?

They were tight, the place was sold out and jam packed. They sounded totally different from FTM, very polised, retro, rumbling sound. I thought I was in London when I stepped out of there, but the crowd reminded me otherwise :)
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    einatshaul wrote:
    It was so good to see Stone again, and yes, all loose and kicked back and rustic, good times! Dan, Angie, Wade, David and Lisa - a big YYYHHAAAA to ya'll!

Then I was even happier hearing the news the record is DONE!!!! (don't freak out, talking about Stone's next) I LOVE bayleaf, can't wait to hear this one.

UrbanHiker- you were smiling the whole time and even muttering some lyrics - who are you foolin' girl??

I now feel ready for Nashville!

(and on another note, what is it about Mike following me around lately everywhere I go? s-c-a-r-y ;P)

Of course I was smiling the whole time - I finally met Mike!!! :D
    And that 'Mind Your Own Business' tune was somethin' I could get behind. :p

It was great meeting new folks and seeing familiar faces.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    so who was the singer at the Hank Williams who looked kinda scruffy?

He had a very distinctive gravely voice.

Anyone going to Kristen Wards cd party?
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    so who was the singer at the Hank Williams who looked kinda scruffy?

He had a very distinctive gravely voice.

I think it's Andy Wood's brother... Brian?
    she lets go
  • Options
    Setlist, anyone, please, please, please???
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
  • Options
    jamainiac wrote:
    I'd give mine for a fancy digital SLR that can capture great shots in low light without a flash :p

http://picasaweb.google.com/adelicateflower/StoneHighDiveMay08

Should have seized this opportunity a while ago to thank you for the pics, you do OK in low light too!

Thanks to the mods for making this a sticky, but I must say people, no one can post a set list from this show? No one knows, no one swiped one, got it from a roadie you chatted up, all the other tried and true measures for getting set lists? Geez, for Eddie's gigs, I got to hear how soft his skin was when you kissed him and every remark he made from the stage (all appreciated, mind you) but not even a setlist or who sang what for this one.

Guess no one knows but Stone -- oh Stone darling, can you hear me? Inquiring minds want to know!
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Stone's shirt is cool.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!