Options

Best Live Performances of Gigaton Songs

After Lightning Bolt, I didn't have a lot of time to listen to the band. But I'm getting way back into the music after listening to Dark Matter. I've also rediscovered Gigaton, liking it a lot more now that I've listened to it again.
Could anyone tell me which live performances of the Gigaton songs are the best? I'm looking to buy some bootlegs from 2021 to 2023, and hoping to get some recommendations.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,010
    All the songs from Gigaton were great live & especially Whoever Said. 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 121
    edited April 28
    I would recommend the following bootlegs from these years:

San Diego (2022) - Retrograde, Never Destination, Seven O'Clock and River Cross were especially good here.
    Budapest (2022) - Quick Escape, Superblood Wolfmoon
    Quebec (2022) - Buckle Up, Dance of the Clairevoyants, Who Ever Said, Take The Long Way!!!

Not a big fan of Alright, but the version of the Ottawa show in 2022 was good. 
    Some of the shows had a few more Gigaton songs, but I always mentioned the ones I thought were especially good on it. 

To include a bootleg from 2023, as well- 
    Chicago night 2 was a fantastic set throughout. Seven O'Clock is a standout song here, as well as, rare occurrences of Tremor Christ, Marker in the sand, Come back and Deep.  

The three from 2022 were also some of my favourite setlists of the tour, others were great, as well, but perhaps you don't want to buy like 5 or 6 bootlegs, so I consolidated where possible.

Post edited by marumaruko on
  • Options
    FinalVentFinalVent Posts: 7
    BALLBOY said:
    All the songs from Gigaton were great live & especially Whoever Said. 
    Excited to check them out!
  • Options
    I would recommend the following bootlegs from these years:

San Diego (2022) - Retrograde, Never Destination, Seven O'Clock and River Cross were especially good here.
    Budapest (2022) - Quick Escape, Superblood Wolfmoon
    Quebec (2022) - Buckle Up, Dance of the Clairevoyants, Who Ever Said, Take The Long Way!!!

Not a big fan of Alright, but the version of the Ottawa show in 2022 was good. 
    Some of the shows had a few more Gigaton songs, but I always mentioned the ones I thought were especially good on it. 

To include a bootleg from 2023, as well- 
    Chicago night 2 was a fantastic set throughout. Seven O'Clock is a standout song here, as well as, rare occurrences of Tremor Christ, Marker in the sand, Come back and Deep.  

The three from 2022 were also some of my favourite setlists of the tour, others were great, as well, but perhaps you don't want to buy like 5 or 6 bootlegs, so I consolidated where possible.

Wow, thanks for the recommendations! These five will definitely be my first purchases. Thanks again!
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,170
    Retrograde in St. Louis 2022 was amazing. Who Ever Said and DOTC were also great from that show
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,216
    I absolutely love the version of Retrograde from San Diego.  Until that night, I never had any interest in that one at all.  I actually just stared and listened for one of the very few times at a PJ show.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,832
    Retrograde and Whoever Said from Camden ‘22 were great 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,578
    The first Ohana performance of "Who Ever Said" was particularly exciting. That was in 2021.

I also seem to recall "Alright" was particularly sharp in Glendale (Phoenix) in May 2022.

In general, these songs were great live, so I don't think you can go wrong, although you might want to skip the Oakland and Fresno shows  from 2022 which were without Matt Cameron. For that reason, the Gigaton songs were scarce and not at their best at those shows (plus Ed was sick in Fresno).
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    deb1211 said:
    Retrograde in St. Louis 2022 was amazing. Who Ever Said and DOTC were also great from that show
    Thank you! I'll add St. Louis to my list.
  • Options
    TA243471 said:
    I absolutely love the version of Retrograde from San Diego.  Until that night, I never had any interest in that one at all.  I actually just stared and listened for one of the very few times at a PJ show.
    Yeah, it took me a while to get into Retrograde too, but everyone says it sounds great live!
  • Options
    Retrograde and Whoever Said from Camden ‘22 were great 
    I'll check Camden out too!
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    The first Ohana performance of "Who Ever Said" was particularly exciting. That was in 2021.

I also seem to recall "Alright" was particularly sharp in Glendale (Phoenix) in May 2022.

In general, these songs were great live, so I don't think you can go wrong, although you might want to skip the Oakland and Fresno shows  from 2022 which were without Matt Cameron. For that reason, the Gigaton songs were scarce and not at their best at those shows (plus Ed was sick in Fresno).
    Got it! Too bad Matt was sick. I guess that alters the setlist quite a bit.