Options

What bands/artists are you hoping to see live?

Curious if anyone else keeps a wishlist of bands they are still trying to see live. I've been able to knock out a lot of them the last 5 years, but here are the ones I am most eager to see live:

Blues Traveler
blur
Neil Young
Metallica
Rise Against
Social Distortion
Elvis Costello
Beck
Phish
Fugazi (not likely they will ever tour again, though not technically broken up so I will dream) 

Comments

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,930
    EL91640 said:
    Curious if anyone else keeps a wishlist of bands they are still trying to see live. I've been able to knock out a lot of them the last 5 years, but here are the ones I am most eager to see live:

Blues Traveler
    blur
    Neil Young
    Metallica
    Rise Against
    Social Distortion
    Elvis Costello
    Beck
    Phish
    Fugazi (not likely they will ever tour again, though not technically broken up so I will dream) 
    Nice list. From your list I have seen Blur, Neil Young, and Fugazi multiple times. Have seen Social D and Beck one time each. I will have to think of my list. Great question.

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,397
    edited April 19
    For sure

-Palaye Royale 
    -Chris Stapleton 
    -Sia
    -Brand New (if they ever decide to get something together again)
    -Sunny Day Real Estate (seeing them in May though) 
    -Chevelle 
    -Muse
    -Peter Gabriel 
    -Lenny Kravitz 
    -RATM (seems even more unlikely sadly)
    -Harry Styles 

Bands I wish I could unsee and retry: The Strokes. Boy was that awful. 
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,848
    Saw Lenny Kravitz back 90something when he was popular. Kind of underwhelming.

Never saw:

Bjork

Sure that would be interesting

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,527
    Neil Young is my holly grail..i will delete Tool from my list this summer..
    DM
    Fontaines DC
    Idles
    And one more time, Radiohead..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    EL91640EL91640 Posts: 72
    For sure

-Palaye Royale 
    -Chris Stapleton 
    -Sia
    -Brand New (if they ever decide to get something together again)
    -Sunny Day Real Estate (seeing them in May though) 
    -Chevelle 
    -Muse
    -Peter Gabriel 
    -Lenny Kravitz 
    -RATM (seems even more unlikely sadly)
    -Harry Styles 

Bands I wish I could unsee and retry: The Strokes. Boy was that awful. 
    Rage is on mine as well and super bummed it's probably not going to happen. 
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
    Red Clay Strays are at the top of my list 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,251
    Poison
    Bush

At this point I've either seen all the live acts I want to see (quite often when I'm going to a show, i'm seeing the artist/band for 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 30th time), but I haven't gotten to see these two.  Poison I've loved since I was a kid in the 80s.   I can't be in bad mood if I put on some classic poison... lol.    Bush, I'm not sure how I haven't gotten around to them. They were here in December, but I ran out of Vacation days to miss work, to travel to Vancouver to see them.  The downside of adult life, living on an island, and weekday shows.
  • Options
    EL91640EL91640 Posts: 72
    Zod said:
    Poison
    Bush

At this point I've either seen all the live acts I want to see (quite often when I'm going to a show, i'm seeing the artist/band for 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 30th time), but I haven't gotten to see these two.  Poison I've loved since I was a kid in the 80s.   I can't be in bad mood if I put on some classic poison... lol.    Bush, I'm not sure how I haven't gotten around to them. They were here in December, but I ran out of Vacation days to miss work, to travel to Vancouver to see them.  The downside of adult life, living on an island, and weekday shows.
    I've seen Bush twice in the last few years and was impressed how good they sound. Gavin even ran all the way to the back of the amphitheater at one show, 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,930
    EL91640 said:
    Zod said:
    Poison
    Bush

I've seen Bush twice in the last few years and was impressed how good they sound. Gavin even ran all the way to the back of the amphitheater at one show, 
    I saw them once at a festival in the 90s. I do remember liking them. 
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,986
    Tool is pretty much the last band on my list that I haven't seen live.

I've been very fortunate to have seen not only the big 90s bands such as PJ, Soundgarden, AIC, Foo Fighters, STP, RHCP and a bunch of others, but also many the older generation's finest like Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Tom Petty, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Roger Waters and a bunch more of them, too.

I crossed Gov't Mule, Les Claypool and Earthless off my list in the last year. That pretty much only leaves Tool. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV