Options

~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

1579580581582583585»

Comments

• Options
    soph189soph189 Posts: 65
    edited April 22
    Thank you both ☺️ He was around 3 months in the above photo. Now closer to 6

And this was when I first met him at the rescue. Chonks.

Post edited by soph189 on
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,922
    Hello Bubba, Buddy, Lisa, and the supermodel pup.  Cuteness overload!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    This silly girl turned one this past Friday.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501

I detect toy stuffing on her bed. 

years ago, I told my dental hygienist that I didn’t need floss. “I don’t floss” “But it’s good for other things” “like what?” “like sewing”

I’ve been using it ever since to stitch up dog toys. our two current dogs are only mildly destructive. the previous, Gracie, made toy destruction her life’s work.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    soph189 said:

what a handsome boy! what breed(s) do you figure he is?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,847
    Wobbie said:

years ago, I told my dental hygienist that I didn’t need floss. “I don’t floss” “But it’s good for other things” “like what?” “like sewing”

I’ve been using it ever since to stitch up dog toys. our two current dogs are only mildly destructive. the previous, Gracie, made toy destruction her life’s work.

• Options
    Wobbie said:

Lol.  I tried to do a surgical repair on one toy…she completely destroyed it within 24 hours. No more. Now she makes it her mission to remove any potential squeakers within a day.  Finding toys without squeakers, that she’s actually interested in, has proven challenging 😥😩😜
  • Options

Happy 1 year cute girl! I really love her coloring. 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    soph189 said:

Thank you! I did a DNA test and he’s a crazy mix of German shepherd, husky, boxer, American staff, golden retriever, Rottweiler, chow + a few more breeds. 
  • Options
    Sometime between the hours of 7:30 and 11:30 this morning there was a massacre of the familiae Crocodiliae in my house.

Investigators are on site, but no suspects have yet been identified.

🤔😇🤫
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,618
    So cute! May I propose a backyard burial?
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    So cute! May I propose a backyard burial?
    Our backyard is not very big, I fear it would soon be overwhelmed with these shameful burials 😳🫣
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Lol.  I tried to do a surgical repair on one toy…she completely destroyed it within 24 hours. No more. Now she makes it her mission to remove any potential squeakers within a day.  Finding toys without squeakers, that she’s actually interested in, has proven challenging 😥😩😜
    I swear they put those squeakers in so dogs will destroy the toys…and the owners will buy more toys.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    soph189 said:
    Wobbie said:
    soph189 said:

Thank you! I did a DNA test and he’s a crazy mix of German shepherd, husky, boxer, American staff, golden retriever, Rottweiler, chow + a few more breeds. 
    in another life, I picked up some hitchhikers and they asked if I wanted a dog. I said “sure.” This is Short Mort. He looked like a shepherd/afghan mix and had short little legs. I loved that guy but I lived in a colorado town where all the dogs roamed loose. Poor guy got ran over by a semi truck.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    soph189 said:
    Wobbie said:
    soph189 said:

in another life, I picked up some hitchhikers and they asked if I wanted a dog. I said “sure.” This is Short Mort. He looked like a shepherd/afghan mix and had short little legs. I loved that guy but I lived in a colorado town where all the dogs roamed loose. Poor guy got ran over by a semi truck.

Oh no! Poor Short Mort. Such an adorable fluffy boy. RIP little one ❤️
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

I swear they put those squeakers in so dogs will destroy the toys…and the owners will buy more toys.
    Truth! Oh well, I’d rather her desto a few toys rather than furniture or footwear.

poor Short Mort.  He looked adorable.
  • Options
    soph189 said:
    Wobbie said:
    soph189 said:
    Wobbie said:
    soph189 said:

Oh no! Poor Short Mort. Such an adorable fluffy boy. RIP little one ❤️
    I was such an irresponsible pet owner back then. See the green truck in the first picture? Mort jumped out of the back when I was traveling down a gravel road. He just shook himself off and carried on. I fed him garbage dog food with bacon grease on it (he loved it!). I let him roam free with the other town dogs. I lived in a small, cold, high elevation mountain town. All gravel roads except for highway 40 (where he got hit). packs of dogs would block your way and look at you like “what?”

on the night he died, someone knocked on my door and told me “I think your dog got hit.” it was awful. the ground was too frozen to bury him. I had to chop a hole in the ice of a river. damn, I’m getting sad just remembering it. Mort was awesome. ❤️

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16