Options

Interlude in-between Stevie and Running

primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,344
edited April 20 in The Porch
"Be______, be humble, be mighty humble."
What's the word Ed uses there that I can't make out??
Would love to hear that whole song!!  I know some band member said in a recent interview it was taken from another song they were working on but never really finished.
Summerfest 7/8/95
Missoula 6/20/98
Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
Champaign 4/23/03
Alpine Valley 6/21/03
Missoula 8/29/05
Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
Grand Rapids 5/19/06
Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
Tampa 6/12/08
Chicago 8/23/09
Indy 5/7/10
Alpine Valley x2 2011
Wrigley 2013
Milwaukee 14
Telluride 16
Post edited by primussucks on

Comments

• Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    I think it’s “mighty”.

Be Mighty 
    Be Humble 
    Be Mighty Humble 
  • Options
    edited April 19
    mvw said:
    I think it’s “mighty”.

Be Mighty 
    Be Humble 
    Be Mighty Humble 
    Ah yes!!  Thank you!  
    I hear a bit of the same guitar part that's in Setting Sun.
    Edit: actually it's the bass!  I wonder if they stole the guitar part in Setting Sun from the bass part in this??
    Post edited by primussucks on
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,350
    So do we think this is part of "Waiting for Stevie" or a distinct interlude? It is tracked with "Waiting for Stevie," for whatever that's worth.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,002
    Love after the crescendo of Waiting for Stevie then the interlude  & how running then comes charging in & makes much more sense now & sounds way better than just listening to it as a single song 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    HenriettaLowellHenriettaLowell Cologne, Germany Posts: 48
    BALLBOY said:
    Love after the crescendo of Waiting for Stevie then the interlude  & how running then comes charging in & makes much more sense now & sounds way better than just listening to it as a single song 
    I second that, that passage is brilliant dramaturgy-wise 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,813
    Wish it was longer. 
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,070
    edited April 20
    Reminds me a bit of U2 (vocally)
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    So do we think this is part of "Waiting for Stevie" or a distinct interlude? It is tracked with "Waiting for Stevie," for whatever that's worth.
    It's an interlude.  Can't remember who but one of the band members recently talked about it.  It's a part of another song they were working on.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    BF25394 said:
    That piece was a song they were working on but it never materialized into anything. They decided to use it as a bridge between Waiting For Stevie and Running. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908
    D-Rod said:
    BF25394 said:
    That piece was a song they were working on but it never materialized into anything. They decided to use it as a bridge between Waiting For Stevie and Running. 
    fact or speculation?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 625
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    BF25394 said:
    fact or speculation?
    Stated by Stone in the Spin track-by-track interview 
  • Options
    kmcmanus said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    BF25394 said:
    fact or speculation?
    Very cool!  I'll have to read that interview.  Thank you.  :)
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 625
    mcgruff10 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    BF25394 said:
    fact or speculation?
    I recommend it highly, lot of interesting stuff in there
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450
    mcgruff10 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    BF25394 said:
    fact or speculation?
    Here it is: https://www.spin.com/2024/03/spin-interview-stone-gossard/

I wonder if they will play that and go right into Running?
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 442
    BALLBOY said:
    Completely agree. Both singles work so much better in the context of the album flow than as single entities. The interlude between those songs is a perfect little breather before the fast and furious Running kicks in. To my ears, the whole album flows so well…. They absolutely nailed the song order in my opinion.
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,813
    BALLBOY said:
    Completely agree. Both singles work so much better in the context of the album flow than as single entities. The interlude between those songs is a perfect little breather before the fast and furious Running kicks in. To my ears, the whole album flows so well…. They absolutely nailed the song order in my opinion.
    I think wreckage should swap with DM. 
  • Options
    cutz said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    BF25394 said:
    fact or speculation?
    Here it is: https://www.spin.com/2024/03/spin-interview-stone-gossard/

I wonder if they will play that and go right into Running?
    That was a great read!  Thank you for sharing.  
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,350
    nicknyr15 said:
    BALLBOY said:
    I think wreckage should swap with DM. 
    I like the fact that "Dark Matter" and "Running" are every fourth song. All that's missing is a track 12 that rocks like those two to continue the pattern.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.