Options

2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    I'm taking Knicks over Sixers.

Wow! You're going out on a limb taking the 2 seed in this one. Do you like the Celtics too?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059

Wow! You're going out on a limb taking the 2 seed in this one. Do you like the Celtics too?
    They were even odds in Vegas bruh.

• Options
    edited April 19
    meh.

Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • Options

Already put $ on the Sixers. I know. lol

Just seems funny to publicly state you are taking the 2 seed verses the 6 seed. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,496

sixers are only a 6 because “jojo” missed so much time. if he can drag his big ass up and down the court, sixers are a problem.

I HATE BETTING! it’s a fucking cancer. commercials try to make it look like good clean fun and then cover their asses with the “gambling problem?” fine print. it’s the lure of making money money by doing nothing (cue dire straits) and I’m really tired of EVERY FUCKING LEAGUE flashing in game props. rant over.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    and get off my fucking lawn, while you’re at it.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Already put $ on the Sixers. I know. lol

Just seems funny to publicly state you are taking the 2 seed verses the 6 seed. 

you don't recall how much shit I talked about the Knicks in the past?  This year they're actually good! Anywho...

I think the Sixers are a horrible matchup for the Knicks but I also think Embiid is toast.

Lets actually get some picks here.

Oh and I trust the Celtics up until the conference finals...
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

sixers are only a 6 because “jojo” missed so much time. if he can drag his big ass up and down the court, sixers are a problem.

Correct. If Jo is healthy they are the second best team in the whole league besides the stupid Celtics. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,489
    Agree with Wob, betting is horrible, a life wrecker.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    edited April 19
    Wobbie said:

Correct. If Jo is healthy they are the second best team in the whole league besides the stupid Celtics. 
    Both the Celtics and 76ers will disappoint u eventually, don't worry.

Also why give me shit then?
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Both the Celtics and 76ers will disappoint u eventually, don't worry.

Also why give me shit then?
    What? The Sixers always disappointment me. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    EL91640EL91640 Posts: 71
    Bummed that Zion and Butler are out. Makes the two games tonight a lot less compelling. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    EL91640 said:
    Bummed that Zion and Butler are out. Makes the two games tonight a lot less compelling. 
    neither had a problem without their stars. miami is toast but the pels….?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    EL91640EL91640 Posts: 71
    EL91640 said:
    Welp, never mind
  • Options
    playoffs started out perfectly, IMO.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Lakers collapse after half or Denver surge?  Jokic and company remind me of the GS warriors at their peak and when the third came they killed w a barrage of treys and turned tables.

Lakers need to stop that or it's another sweep.  They looked lost for buckets after the half.  TAKE A FUKKIN LAYUP.  It's ok NOT to shoot a three.
  • Options
    Friggin Lakers are owned by Denver...

Nice shot Vincenzo!  He is a local fav of the Knicks fans.  Way to show up!!!

No playoff Jimmy means no 2nd round for the Heat.
  • Options
    LeBron James and Joel Embiid complaining about officiating sounds like fodder for an Alanis Morrisette song...like raaaaaaiiiiin on your wedding day!
  • Options
    edited April 23
    Poncier said:
    LeBron James and Joel Embiid complaining about officiating sounds like fodder for an Alanis Morrisette song...like raaaaaaiiiiin on your wedding day!
    Well...I mean did you see the last 40 seconds? Ignoring the blatant foul on Maxey, it's frustrating when a ref completely ignores a coach's plea for a timeout--multiple times. That was just an egregious officiating performance. Literally have the timeout granted and they win the game. Incredibly frustrating. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Well...I mean did you see the last 40 seconds? Ignoring the blatant foul on Maxey, it's frustrating when a ref completely ignores a coach's plea for a timeout--multiple times. That was just an egregious officiating performance. Literally have the timeout granted and they win the game. Incredibly frustrating. 
    Nurse doesn't actually signal for the timeout until after the ball is inbounded and Maxey has lost control of it.
    He's standing there with his hands close together ready to call a TO but didn't do so until t was too late. And there was a lot of pushing and grabbing by both sides in those final scrums, playoff basketball, the refs let them play more than in the regular season.

Nurse and/or Lowry should have called timeout as soon as Brunson's 3 went in so the Sixers could move the ball to the front court, that's something they teach on day 1 of Coaching for Dummies. That was an epic fail by Nurse late in that game and by most of your players as well. A lot of standing around aside from Maxey.
  • Options
    edited April 23
    Maxey clearly has control and two refs are within Nurse's view as he's clearly calling a timeout. They totally blew this one. How else are you supposed to get a timeout? Lol.

Yeah Lowry should've called timeout at inbounds (and Maxey himself should've called one when this pic was taken)....but Nurse tried for one before it was inbounded too and was ignored as well--granted he wasn't as emphatic as he was in the picture below. But in those situations refs are supposed to look in the coach's direction as a timeout is usually expected there. Horrendous officiating at the worst possible time.

No doubt the Sixers fucked up the sequence but a coach should not have to beg for a timeout. He called for one, twice. And was ignored. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 23
    Absolutely egregious. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    From the L2R:

Hart (NYK) cleanly steals the ball from Maxey (PHI). An attempt to call a timeout by Coach Nurse (PHI) during this play is neither recognized nor granted by the officials; the timeout request is simultaneous to Hart making contact with the ball and PHI not having possession.

That still shot doesn't tell the whole story on Maxey there he was bobbling the ball while falling to the ground (if he had possession prior then he should have been called for a travel but wasn't as he never had clear possession).

It's a tough game to lose for sure, and it was a frenetic sequence, but the Knicks showed far more poise in that sequence than the Sixers.
    Just call the timeout and don't even try and inbound that ball.
  • Options
    edited April 23
    Poncier said:
    From the L2R:

Hart (NYK) cleanly steals the ball from Maxey (PHI). An attempt to call a timeout by Coach Nurse (PHI) during this play is neither recognized nor granted by the officials; the timeout request is simultaneous to Hart making contact with the ball and PHI not having possession.

That still shot doesn't tell the whole story on Maxey there he was bobbling the ball while falling to the ground (if he had possession prior then he should have been called for a travel but wasn't as he never had clear possession).

It's a tough game to lose for sure, and it was a frenetic sequence, but the Knicks showed far more poise in that sequence than the Sixers.
    You're talking about the second attempt. NBA says they should have granted the first one a few seconds earlier. 
    https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-last-two-minute-report-215743593.html

• With 27.2 seconds left (after the Brunson make), Brunson should have been called for a foul for pulling on Tyrese Maxey's jersey as he tried to get free to get the inbounds pass.

• During this time, "An attempt to call a timeout by Coach Nurse during this play is neither recognized nor granted by the officials" but should have been, according to the report.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    Poncier said:
    From the L2R:

You're talking about the second attempt. NBA says they should have granted the first one a few seconds earlier. 

• With 27.2 seconds left (after the Brunson make), Brunson should have been called for a foul for pulling on Tyrese Maxey's jersey as he tried to get free to get the inbounds pass.

• During this time, "An attempt to call a timeout by Coach Nurse during this play is neither recognized nor granted by the officials" but should have been, according to the report.

I'm actually surprised they didn't get a pool reporter to talk to the refs for this.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    From the L2R:

I'm actually surprised they didn't get a pool reporter to talk to the refs for this.
    I think I heard the NBA didn't allow it. Probably because they know they fucked it up so badly.

It will not happen but the Sixers have 48 hours to protest the game. If successful, they'd actually have to replay those last 45 seconds. But there have only been 6 successful protests out of 44 in league history. Actually think they would have a strong case but there is no way in hell Adam Silver would let that happen.

Can you imagine replaying the last 45 seconds of a playoff game though? haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    From the L2R:

I think I heard the NBA didn't allow it. Probably because they know they fucked it up so badly.

It will not happen but the Sixers have 48 hours to protest the game. If successful, they'd actually have to replay those last 45 seconds. But there have only been 6 successful protests out of 44 in league history. Actually think they would have a strong case but there is no way in hell Adam Silver would let that happen.

With the NBA in bed with all the betting companies can you imagine the ramifications of overturning the game to a different result?
    Ho
    Lee
    Chit

So, there you have it.  Won't happen.

Should it? Going by the letter of the law, yes.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    From the L2R:

With the NBA in bed with all the betting companies can you imagine the ramifications of overturning the game to a different result?
    Ho
    Lee
    Chit

So, there you have it.  Won't happen.

Should it? Going by the letter of the law, yes.
    It would be utter madness.....and I would relish every fucking moment. My Sixers ML pick would come back to life as well! ha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    50 from Embiid tonight on one leg and one good eye ball. ..
    chinese-happy.jpg