Options

Ohana Fest returns September 27th - 29th 2024

Comments

• Options
    cutz said:
    I don't like Festivals, but I think I may want to hit this one up.

Will Crazy Horse be with NY?

Any suggestions on Hotel/s? (Are any walking distance?)
    There are at least four hotels within walking distance, but as others have said, they can get pricey. I have been twice and stayed close both times and honestly I don't know if I would do it any other way. The area is great and it is just nice to be right there for however you want to handle how much time you attend the festival, merch, food, beach, whatever. Things like the shuttles look like a cluster, but I haven't done it so don't totally want to speak for it. 

Last year we splurged and stayed at the Marriott across the street and have zero regrets on that! But that will be the most expensive by a long shot. The Double Tree on the beach was still available yesterday when I looked for like $600 a night. Last year availability went up and prices dropped closer to the event (I actually cut a fair amount off of ours during that time), although that may not happen this year with Pearl Jam.

I never have done a festival before Ohana and to see Pearl Jam after COVID in 2021, but honestly it might be about my favorite PJ experience I've had. Last year with no Pearl Jam was pretty great too. 
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 201
    cutz said:

Things like the shuttles look like a cluster, but I haven't done it so don't totally want to speak for it. 
    Getting to the venue with the shuttles went very smoothly.  If we didn't have a stroller leaving the venue, it would have been a nightmare.  It was already chaotic, but the chaperones were nice enough to let us through to nearly the front of the line with our stroller - and they did so for others with strollers/wheelchairs I noticed too.  
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,243
    edited April 18
    Anyone know where the shuttles usually take people to since there is no onsite parking? Didn't pre-book because I have plenty of other shows but now... made the decision to drive in and just stay far away from Dana Point and drive to the shuttles each day. I just want to get something reasonably close to the shuttle area.

I can't risk missing Neil Jam 2.0 after missing my hometown show in 2004 Toledo due to fuckin work.  All time fuck up by me. Number one fuck up of my whole life.  RIP
    Post edited by jimjam1982 on
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    njhaley1 said:
    mikesbri said:
    What do you think a 3 day weekend would cost?  Really considering it.

I think it was somewhere around $600 last year. 3 day is barely much more than 2 day, if I remember right. Like $50 more. 
    Last year a 3 day pass with shipping was $538
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 201
    Anyone know where the shuttles usually take people to since there is no onsite parking? Didn't pre-book because I have plenty of other shows but now... made the decision to drive in and just stay far away from Dana Point and drive to the shuttles each day. I just want to get something reasonably close to the shuttle area.

I can't risk missing Neil Jam 2.0 after missing my hometown show in 2004 Toledo due to fuckin work.  All time fuck up by me. Number one fuck up of my whole life.  RIP
    They pick you up from the high school, about 10min drive away up the hill, and drop you off right at the entrance.

I'm staying up in Newport Beach, it's about a 30-40min drive but found a pretty cheap ABnB.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444

The shuttle location has changed over the past few years......last year at was at a high school......before that, it was at an office building parking lot.  Hopefully they announce the location sooner than later this year.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,911
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    I was planning to attend at least one night of Ohana, traditionally the Saturday night. I missed it last year, so I was definitely going to do it this year. Well, looks like I need to do two nights.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,448
    cutz said:

There are at least four hotels within walking distance, but as others have said, they can get pricey. I have been twice and stayed close both times and honestly I don't know if I would do it any other way. The area is great and it is just nice to be right there for however you want to handle how much time you attend the festival, merch, food, beach, whatever. Things like the shuttles look like a cluster, but I haven't done it so don't totally want to speak for it. 

Last year we splurged and stayed at the Marriott across the street and have zero regrets on that! But that will be the most expensive by a long shot. The Double Tree on the beach was still available yesterday when I looked for like $600 a night. Last year availability went up and prices dropped closer to the event (I actually cut a fair amount off of ours during that time), although that may not happen this year with Pearl Jam.

I never have done a festival before Ohana and to see Pearl Jam after COVID in 2021, but honestly it might be about my favorite PJ experience I've had. Last year with no Pearl Jam was pretty great too. 
    Appreciate all of that info.

Thank You
  • Options
    apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 198

Don't feel bad, I missed PJ, NY, and Blind Melon at the Gorge when I was in college (less than 3 hrs away) cuz I thought the like $35 ticket was too expensive. If I could go only back and smack some sense into 19 year old me. Biggest missed concert regret ever.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,401
    cutz said:
    cutz said:

Thank You
    Marriott is>$1000 ... good luck finding something. Unless you have $$$
  • Options
    cutz said:
    cutz said:

Thank You
    Marriott is>$1000 ... good luck finding something. Unless you have $$$
    The last few years, maybe forever, they have offered a VIP package that includes a stay at the Marriott, two tickets, a signed poster by EV, access, some food and merch, etc. But it has been like 10 grand. There are perks in there I am interested in, but even staying at the Marriott last year, we came in significantly below that including tickets and food and merch. But it is an option for people who can swing it. With all this other stuff, I am guessing it will be popular, even for the price considering it is Pearl Jam. 
  • Options
    Ugh. I had such a good time in 2021, I would love to go again. But just not on the cards this year timing wise. I get 3 other shows, so I can’t really complain. But it is special to see them on the beach.
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 582

There's parking close by. Look at streets behind the Double Tree.
  • Options
    TOMORROW
  • Options
    EMiznerEMizner Posts: 94
    I’m assuming ten club presale starts as soon as it’s announced tomorrow…is there a certain time to expect the announcement?
    Pearl Jam
    Minneapolis, MN - June 30, 1998
    St. Paul, MN - June 16, 2003
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 3, 2011
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 4, 2011
    St. Paul, MN - August 31, 2023
    St. Paul, MN - September 2, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 18, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 19, 2023
    Las Vegas, NV - May 16, 2024
    Las Vegas, NV - May 18, 2024

Eddie Vedder
    Las Vegas, NV - October 7, 2022
    Innings Festival - Tempe, AZ - February 26, 2023
    Ohana Festival - Dana Point, CA - September 30, 2023
  • Options
    EMizner said:
    I’m assuming ten club presale starts as soon as it’s announced tomorrow…is there a certain time to expect the announcement?
    10c email last year was sent out at 8:30 am Pacific and 10c pre-sale was available at the same time. 
  • Options
    TODAY
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,261
    So I could use “waiting for the Ohana lineup to drop” as an excuse to postpone my run until the May Gray burns off. 🤔
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    So I could use “waiting for the Ohana lineup to drop” as an excuse to postpone my run until the May Gray burns off. 🤔
    May gray didn't even burn off yesterday at all! 
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,261
    May gray didn't even burn off yesterday at all! 

I noticed (it gives me headaches -- ooffff).

I'm going to keep holding out hope for an appearance by Paul Weller, although since he added a second LA show I doubt that he'd play five days in a row.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,495
    Let’s go! Have a feeling/hoping for Zach Bryan in the lineup.
  • Options
    Is anyone else refreshing the Ohana IG page every 60 seconds? 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    illini1022illini1022 California Posts: 12
    Ten Club Presale is live - I just secured my tickets. Pearl Jam - Ten Club
    2006: Chicago Night 1
    2018: Wrigley Night 2
    2022: LA Night 1
    2022: Ohana Fest
    2023: Ohana Fest

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,586
    great lineup!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    jdasilvafjdasilvaf Posts: 189
    Line-up really is amazing, wish I could afford to go.
  • Options
    See you there!