Options

Our 1st GA in Van - How crowded will it be in the GA ?

WE are very excited and lucky to be in GA for Van N1, my first GA.   I'll be taking my 16 yr old daughter to her first show. I've seen threads about lining up early etc,  we're flying same day so that won't be happening for us. We're ok not to be jammed in the crowd,  is there typically good space around the periphery? Maybe to move around a bit for different vantages.  I think I recall from past shows noticing decent space around the back of GA.  Can't wait !!

Comments

• Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,272
    WE are very excited and lucky to be in GA for Van N1, my first GA.   I'll be taking my 16 yr old daughter to her first show. I've seen threads about lining up early etc,  we're flying same day so that won't be happening for us. We're ok not to be jammed in the crowd,  is there typically good space around the periphery? Maybe to move around a bit for different vantages.  I think I recall from past shows noticing decent space around the back of GA.  Can't wait !!
    It’s typically packed pretty tight up front and center, but there’s a lot more space on the back and sides. If you stay toward the rear (which is still closer to the stage than 90% of the seats in the venue), you should have some room to move around a bit and shouldn’t have any issue going to use the bathroom, doing food/drinks runs, etc. It’s a great experience! Hope you guys have a blast!
  • Options
    nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 546
    steven87 said:
    It’s typically packed pretty tight up front and center, but there’s a lot more space on the back and sides. If you stay toward the rear (which is still closer to the stage than 90% of the seats in the venue), you should have some room to move around a bit and shouldn’t have any issue going to use the bathroom, doing food/drinks runs, etc. It’s a great experience! Hope you guys have a blast!
    thank you,  sounds great !! so excited.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,841
    What he meant to say was trade your GA for floor seats. That way you and your daughter are safe!  =)

Nah, as long as you aren't trying to get up front, you should be plenty fine. Enjoy!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,302
    The arena pits aren't nearly as big as stadium pits.   I've generally shows up at doors, and gotten spots 6ish people deep at centre stage.   Alos not many people seem to arrive between 630 and 7:30/8.   it's doesn't seem to start filling out until after 7:30.   Plus they dont' oversell, so if you don't want to be in the thick of it, you can hang out on the far sides and what not.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    The arena pits aren't nearly as big as stadium pits.   I've generally shows up at doors, and gotten spots 6ish people deep at centre stage.   Alos not many people seem to arrive between 630 and 7:30/8.   it's doesn't seem to start filling out until after 7:30.   Plus they dont' oversell, so if you don't want to be in the thick of it, you can hang out on the far sides and what not.
    this is great, thanks!
  • Options
    What he meant to say was trade your GA for floor seats. That way you and your daughter are safe!  =)

Nah, as long as you aren't trying to get up front, you should be plenty fine. Enjoy!
    yes maybe I should! haha  B)