Options

OHANA 2024 - Wish list / expectations

123457»

Comments

• Options
    If Eddie’s word isn’t enough, one of the demetris retweeted it, which is usually the last thing I see before I start booking
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 201
    Ugh.  Now I have to sell another Neil Young ticket.
    Keep it. I'm seeing him next weekend and will be glad to see him again in September. You just know Eddie et al will be hopping in for a couple songs. 
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,558
    Why the hell are they playing the Forum and Ohana? Just play Ohana. Those two dates in LA that never sell out could have gone to other cities like Cleveland, Atlanta, Detroit, etc 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 761
    Why the hell are they playing the Forum and Ohana? Just play Ohana. Those two dates in LA that never sell out could have gone to other cities like Cleveland, Atlanta, Detroit, etc 
    Because some or all of the band members have houses in LA?
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,515
    Well of course they are playing there with Neil. I am paying for the catering for a wedding that will take place 2 weeks after Ohana, so going to the festival is not a possibility. Flip!! 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555
    Maybe because when you're doing a west coast tour flying 5 hours east for 1 or 2 shows makes no sense
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 201
    edited April 18
    kaw753 said:
    Because some or all of the band members have houses in LA?
    Counterpoint: several of them have houses in Seattle and they haven't played there in 6yrs.

Maybe because when you're doing a west coast tour flying 5 hours east for 1 or 2 shows makes no sense
    Obviously if the west coast leg was planned better in advance, that's a non-issue. 
    Post edited by njhaley1 on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    SoCal. Home of Pearl Jam

2021 - 3 shows
    2022 - 3 shows
    2024 - 4 shows

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Depending on the undercard, this could be the best Ohana ever for my tastes.

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,401
    JimmyV said:
    SoCal. Home of Pearl Jam

2021 - 3 shows
    2022 - 3 shows
    2024 - 4 shows
    Glad for this
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,515
    JimmyV said:
    SoCal. Home of Pearl Jam

2021 - 3 shows
    2022 - 3 shows
    2024 - 4 shows
    Glad for this
    I would be too if I lived there. Beautiful weather and multiple Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,558
    But they never sell out LA. When was the last time? 2009 at the smaller Hollywood Bowl x4? Or did the smaller arena in 2013 sell out? Bad ticket sales, bad crowds. Ohana with Neil would have been enough. NYC and Philly got 1 show each in 2022, makes sense to go back this year. If they weren’t playing Ohana, I get it, you have to play LA.
    I’m not saying they should fly to Ohio in the middle of a west coast trip. With better planning they wouldn’t need to. Hell, even Albuquerque or Salt Lake would make more sense. It’s just mind boggling when places like Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Michigan, etc have been starving.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    SoCal. Home of Pearl Jam

2021 - 3 shows
    2022 - 3 shows
    2024 - 4 shows
    Glad for this

I would be, too! lol

Boston has had its fair share over the years. I can't really complain.

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    LA has all their celebrity/music friends

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,175
    Right, and where did all those side tickets for the Forum go? The 6 wing sections on each side were not sold in the TM sale, No premiums in those sections, and none have shown up on F2F,.. who bought those tickets... Music Industry people.. my guess.... Some have shown up in the secondary market. Probably not sold via TM and thats why none are sold on F2F.. But I bet many great sides will be available at the box office day of.... 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    SoCal. Home of Pearl Jam

2021 - 3 shows
    2022 - 3 shows
    2024 - 4 shows
    Glad for this

I would be, too! lol

Boston has had its fair share over the years. I can't really complain.
    I'm saving the$ that I would have spent traveling out of SoCal and spending it on NZ/Aus... where my flights are under $500 total to and from. Travel b/t shows and tickets is my major cost
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,162
    Well, it must be that they just don't want to play those other places, sold out or not.  They knew those places exist, and didn't skip them by accident.  Probably, sometimes they just do what they want to do.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 926
    im guessing also because it's Ed's festival. All the wives and family can chill on the beach. Low key great vibe. I think its a fun event as opposed to a work event for them all. If you've been it would make sense I suppose. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    I actually prefer Ohana when it's not a PJ focused festival. One night of the band or Ed with other amazing artists is what I've enjoyed most. If Neil is Saturday, then I'm glad I can't make it this year. 3 years ago at encore with Beck is still the best festival day I've witnessed. The 2019 Saturday was pretty "stellar" too.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,175
    DEGBTI said:
    im guessing also because it's Ed's festival. All the wives and family can chill on the beach. Low key great vibe. I think it's a fun event as opposed to a work event for them all. If you've been it would make sense I suppose. 
    I dont think it's a "Why Ohana" conversation, more like why 2x forum.. Might have more to do with Sac and NV being made up from 2022.. LA made more sense to add with those cities. Esp to kick off the tour with a new record, industry people etc.. Also there is Bottlerock in the mix too, so lots of CA shows, however no Bay Area dates.. 6 CA shows. 
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    I actually prefer Ohana when it's not a PJ focused festival. One night of the band or Ed with other amazing artists is what I've enjoyed most. If Neil is Saturday, then I'm glad I can't make it this year. 3 years ago at encore with Beck is still the best festival day I've witnessed. The 2019 Saturday was pretty "stellar" too.
    I have gone to every Ohana and yes.. the post- pandemic Encore with all the PJ was great. But I also prefer it with one PJ and others
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    There's bound to be plenty of Neil Jam opportunities. And maybe adds some urgency to getting the Mirrorball tour film out to the masses.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 761
    Right, and where did all those side tickets for the Forum go? The 6 wing sections on each side were not sold in the TM sale, No premiums in those sections, and none have shown up on F2F,.. who bought those tickets... Music Industry people.. my guess.... Some have shown up in the secondary market. Probably not sold via TM and thats why none are sold on F2F.. But I bet many great sides will be available at the box office day of.... 
    I saw Gene Simmons at a PJ show in 2012 in the very good seats.
  • Options
    kaw753 said:
    I saw Gene Simmons at a PJ show in 2012 in the very good seats.
    Where else would he sit? You do know that all acts pretty much hold back seats for friends , family, VIP