Options

1996 Emek Charlotte poster

lauriewlmslauriewlms Posts: 10
edited April 17 in The Porch
Hello! Random Q…(and I’m not looking to sell). I have a signed numbered Charlotte 96 poster (Emek) that I received directly from Emek, after the show. He sent it n a tube that he doodled on. The only think I may have screwed up on is trimming down the white border/edges by about 1/8” all around to fit in a frame. Do you think the value might be higher because of Emeks involvement or did I screw it all up with the slight trim? The trim does not impact any of the art or the signature I wonder about that from time to time and thought I’d ask the pros!
159xxx

Comments

• Options
    CoshieCoshie Port Fairy Posts: 279
    For a ‘collector’ it will affect the price. You would obviously disclose the trimming if you sell. Best guess is maybe a $500-$800 reduction in price if cut with potential framing tape on back and light fade if its been framed for 28years…
    Shame you have to consider letting it go given you were at the show! 
    Melbourne - 1998-2003-2006-2009-2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo Melbourne - 2011-2014
    Seattle 1 & 2 2018
    Missoula 2018
    Baltimore, New York 2020 😭
    EV & Earthlings New York 1 & 2 - 2022
    EV & Earthlings New Jersey - 2022
  • Options
    lauriewlmslauriewlms Posts: 10
    Thanks Coshie! I appreciate the thoughtful answer!! And noooo, for sure I’m not getting rid of it or looking to sell, was just curious and wonder about it from time to time. It’s been framed for maybe 15 years but is in a room without direct sun or spotted light, so it’s pretty pristine aside fr the trim. Was also curious about the Emek customization if that would add to, while the trim likely decreases, the overall value. I’m sure it’s all speculative but this crew of folks knows their posters!!! Thanks again 😊 
    159xxx