Options

Glen Hassard in Portland, ME

DedvwDedvw Posts: 245
edited April 10 in The Porch
So Glen Hassard is playing the State Theatre in Portland, Maine on September 14. This is the day before the first Fenway show and PJ has two days off before that show. What are the odds Eddie makes an appearance?

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,993
    Big chance. Kelly Jones turned up in London last weekend. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    Would be great if he did.

Someday Pearl Jam will come back to Maine. Someday ... 
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Someday Pearl Jam will come back to Maine. Someday ... Maine would LOVE that or an Eddie solo at Thompson's Point.
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    Dedvw said:
    demetrios said:

Someday Pearl Jam will come back to Maine. Someday ... Maine would LOVE that or an Eddie solo at Thompson's Point.
    Thompson Point is sort of awful for shows - sound leaves a lot to be desired and a pain to get in/out of.  

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    NE FTW

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,511
    I say PJ opens for Glen.
  • Options
    Dedvw said:
    demetrios said:

Thompson Point is sort of awful for shows - sound leaves a lot to be desired and a pain to get in/out of.  
    I have mixed emotions. I've heard really good shows and some not so good. When I saw Cheryl Crow there, all her openers sounded crystal clear. Someone thought it would be a good idea to turn up the volume when she came on. She ended up sounding like shit.
  • Options
    I say PJ opens for Glen.
    That would be the best$55 I spent in a long time!
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 602
    Saw Glen last week in Gateshead, absolutely fantastic. Got a few records signed after the show too including the ‘Flag Day’ soundtrack.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    Dedvw said:
    So Glen Hassard is playing the State Theatre in Portland, Maine on September 14. This is the day before the first Fenway show and PJ has two days off before that show. What are the odds Eddie makes an appearance?
    Feel the need to chime in, lived in Portland as a youngster, went back a few years ago.  No general opinion on whether Ed will show up or not.  Just love that one of my favorite places on the planet (Maine) and specifically Portland, have been the topic on the forum.  
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,836
    What do you like about Portland? I only did a real quick visit. 
    Only saw GH open for EV. He was great. Plays that broken guitar.
    Why do some musicians play broken guitars? I'm assuming it's because of the style, sound...idk.
    I'm very inquisitive this morning before coffee.. 
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 602
    Glen came onstage in Gateshead last week wearing stained clothes he’d bought for a few quid at a charity shop on Gateshead high street that very same day. Playing a broken guitar seems about right.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,050
    Loujoe said:
    Why do some musicians play broken guitars? I'm assuming it's because of the style, sound...idk.
    beer
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,993
    The guitar isn't broken. It's worn from strumming..he has several all the same. Takemine guitars are made of thin wood and wear easily. He is a busker at heart and beats the fuck out of them
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    beer
    The beer scene in solid in Maine!
  • Options
    Love Portland! We're seeing Goose there again (our 4th and 5th shows we'll see in Maine) in June. Thompson's Pt is def a pita to get out of after a show, but I don't think it will be sold out for Glen, so shouldn't be as bad. Just saw him at the Stone Pony a couple weeks ago - cannot wait for the full band shows!

Glen added a show at the Keswick in Glenside, PA the night before Baltimore, so we picked up tix for that. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    LCLC North Andover, MA Posts: 260
    Born and bred in western Maine for the first 21 years of my life....I can honestly say if Pearl Jam decides to finally return to Maine (or NH for the 1st time), the crowd will be awesome. Serious Pearl Jam fans in Northern New England.
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • Options
    Love Portland! We're seeing Goose there again (our 4th and 5th shows we'll see in Maine) in June. Thompson's Pt is def a pita to get out of after a show, but I don't think it will be sold out for Glen, so shouldn't be as bad. Just saw him at the Stone Pony a couple weeks ago - cannot wait for the full band shows!

Glen added a show at the Keswick in Glenside, PA the night before Baltimore, so we picked up tix for that. 
    Park at the Shaws in Westgate Plaza. It's a 8 minute walk in on some trails there. Easy in and out.
  • Options
    Dedvw said:

Park at the Shaws in Westgate Plaza. It's a 8 minute walk in on some trails there. Easy in and out.
    We won't have a car. Staying in Old Port, so we'll uber over to the show. Last year, we walked out to a gas station on Congress for pick up.

But, thanks for the tip. I was there with my daughter and her bf (who drove us) to see The National a couple years ago, and it took us forever to get out of there. We thought we were smart getting a great spot closest to the entrance. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    Folks he's playing the State Theatre not Thompson's Point
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    Portland rules. It's worth adding this to your trip if you're a fan of Glen, food, and/or beer. State Theatre is right there in a very walkable downtown.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Folks he's playing the State Theatre not Thompson's Point
    pjl44 said:
    Portland rules. It's worth adding this to your trip if you're a fan of Glen, food, and/or beer. State Theatre is right there in a very walkable downtown.
    Ahh, right... State Theatre. I had Thompson's Pt in my head as that's where we are going this year. Love the State Theatre