Options

Maynard's 50th B-Day (Puscifer, A Perfect Circle, Failure)

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053
    Maynards 50th? Isn't he like 60?
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510
    The thread was started 10 years ago for his 50th shows in LA. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    APC posters sold out fast both nights. I'm surprised there wasn't more juice for the Puscifer posters. Daniel Danger diptych and numbered/250. Glad they were easy to get.

• Options
    The thread was started 10 years ago for his 50th shows in LA. 

lol that makes sense.
  • Options
    edited April 4
    pjl44 said:
    APC posters sold out fast both nights. I'm surprised there wasn't more juice for the Puscifer posters. Daniel Danger diptych and numbered/250. Glad they were easy to get.

Awesome meeting you, PJ.
    They came out throwing heat with posters for the 1st two nights. That APC Cronacher from last night is going to look sweet in my office next to her 2018 Red Rocks. 

• Options
    pjl44 said:

Reminds me of Jack White prints.  His stuff is definitely interesting.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

The MBTA trains are a nice local touch.  
  • Options
    McGruffMcGruff Island Of The Goon Posts: 40
    pjl44 said:

Going to the AC show Saturday. Really hoping to snag posters for Puscifer and Primus. APC would be a bonus.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

Great meeting you too! I love the trains and was trying to figure out if that was a specific part of the city but I can't place it.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,046
    nicknyr15 said:
    Loujoe said:
    Sweet^ people are I n for a treat with these shows
    From your lips to God's ears... I couldn't have asked for a better show last night. All 3 bands killed it. 
    If anyone's on the fence about going to one of these shows... f'ing go. 
    Seeing Josh Freese play Judith, The Outsider & W&P w/ APC again was religious. Not to mention Tim Alexander on The Hollow. 😍

Apologies for the shitty iPhone. (Yes… that’s Les in the pig mask behind Carina).

That setlist, stage setup and your enthusiasm has me officially looking for tickets.

Fuck............................me too!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Great meeting you too! I love the trains and was trying to figure out if that was a specific part of the city but I can't place it.
    I don't think it's anywhere in particular... it was a nice touch to include the trains, but the only El that Boston had was on Causeway St back in the day or down by Lechmere (that I'm aware of) so I have to think it's not supposed to be anywhere in particular. (unless that's supposed to be Causeway St from 50 years ago).

Daniel Danger also did a great diptych when Foo played Fenway a few years back. 
    Foo Fighters Fenway SET Daniel Danger  eBay
  • Options
    Interesting - no individual band posters for Foxwoods tonight. Just the oversized event poster.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,836
    Signed record i would be all over that
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Interesting - no individual band posters for Foxwoods tonight. Just the oversized event poster.
    The individual band posters just dropped. I would have been surprised if they didn't after coming out the gate the way they did w/ those Boston prints. 
    May be an illustration of text
    May be an image of text that says PRIMUS PRE
    May be an image of text
  • Options
    I have been misled by separate posts!
  • Options
    Primus wins this round
  • Options
    edited April 5
    pjl44 said:
    Primus wins this round
    Agreed. 

I don't HATE the APC, but it's definitely underwhelming as compared to the Boston prints. 

Munk One did the 24 x 36 show print... best one so far IMO (although I do love the vintage movie feel to the one we got for N2)
    May be an image of text
  • Options
    AC and APC takes the crown back 

• Options
    pjl44 said:

I would still take either of the Boston APC prints over this one. This isn’t bad, but I really like both the artists’ styles and the images they did for our shows. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

I would still take either of the Boston APC prints over this one. This isn’t bad, but I really like both the artists’ styles and the images they did for our shows. 
    Yeah, I agree. Really just talking about making a pick in each city.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Yeah, I agree. Really just talking about making a pick in each city.
    It’s going to be a fun month watching them drop, that’s for sure. My buddy’s are going to want to line up at Red Rocks… I’m already dreading that. 🤣
    The Centurions from last night were a great idea in concept, but the poster execution was awful… the shirt turned out much better. 

• Options
    First guest I believe 

• Options
    Wynoma makes its debut. With Billy Strings!

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,858
    pjl44 said:
    First guest I believe 

would love video or audio cuz puddles can sing. and I assume/hope he was in make up
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:
    First guest I believe 

would love video or audio cuz puddles can sing. and I assume/hope he was in make up
    One brave soul got it

https://youtu.be/TQ73K3wp_HA
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,836
    Ohh Puddles. 
    Did not know who he was til he popped out at a Les duo de twang show at hotel in nyc 2014.

Great way to blow my mind.

Belted out the star spangled banner to open.
    Also sung Pipeline. 
    Tiny venue...Huge clown with voice to match.

Super cool he's involved in all this stuff.

Good times
  • Options
    Last night had to have been the show of the tour, what with guest appearances by Tool and the original MDN lineup for APC. 
  • Options
    Last night had to have been the show of the tour, what with guest appearances by Tool and the original MDN lineup for APC. 
    Damn. You had to think LA would be prime for guests but that's insane.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,858
    pjl44 said:
    Damn. You had to think LA would be prime for guests but that's insane.

pot day brings the funk
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480
    edited April 22
    I think they played React, Respond from Dark Matter on the PA right before the show tonight in Berkeley.

It's too bad we couldn't film that Southbound Pachyderm. That was insane!
    Post edited by darthvedder on