Options

4-8-1994 Fairfax, VA......

pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
edited April 2008 in The Porch
1994-04-08 Fairfax Virginia Patriot Center

Set 1 Release, Go, Animal, Dissident, Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Daughter/(Hey Hey My My)/(American Pie), Even Flow, Breath, State Of Love And Trust, Footsteps, Black, Alive, Porch/(Tearing)
Encore 1 Rearviewmirror, Corduroy, Not For You, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Blood
Encore 2 Indifference, Rockin' In The Free World

I dont know about anyone else, but these shows from 94 were and still are some of my favs! Some of the vids are very cool to see and hear. I know that SOME of the people here are only into the OFFICIAL boots and dont like the older shows because of there sound quality, but imho 94 has some pretty decent recordings... Anyhow, if you havent had a chance to check out some of the older shows, you def should. Strating with the Denver shows in march of 94 all the way through the end. What with the hype and PJ being the BIGGEST band on the planet, to dealing with KC's suicide, it was a great and bad time for the band. Ed was in a very strange place then, as I am sure everyone was, but to me, they were AMAZING during this stretch. :D
Never, ever, flipping forget
"Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    What with the hype and PJ being the BIGGEST band on the planet, to dealing with KC's suicide, it was a great and bad time for the band. Ed was in a very strange place then, as I am sure everyone was, but to me, they were AMAZING during this stretch. :D

very very true.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    any link to download??
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    There are a lot of great boots from this tour
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926

Set 1 Release, Go, Animal, Dissident, Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Daughter/(Hey Hey My My)/(American Pie), Even Flow, Breath, State Of Love And Trust, Footsteps, Black, Alive, Porch/(Tearing)
    Encore 1 Rearviewmirror, Corduroy, Not For You, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Blood

I dont know about anyone else, but these shows from 94 were and still are some of my favs! Some of the vids are very cool to see and hear. I know that SOME of the people here are only into the OFFICIAL boots and dont like the older shows because of there sound quality, but imho 94 has some pretty decent recordings... Anyhow, if you havent had a chance to check out some of the older shows, you def should. Strating with the Denver shows in march of 94 all the way through the end. What with the hype and PJ being the BIGGEST band on the planet, to dealing with KC's suicide, it was a great and bad time for the band. Ed was in a very strange place then, as I am sure everyone was, but to me, they were AMAZING during this stretch. :D

So true! Some really amazing sounding shows from that era are floating around. I love the official boots as much as the next guy but there's something about a good audience recording that you just can't capture on an official boot.

And for the love of God people get them in FLAC! Especially for an unofficial boot. You WILL notice the difference in sound.

Plenty of shows on my site too for those interested with shows aded frequently. See my sig.

Good thread by the way. We don't focus on the music enough anymore :)

I would also like to recommend this one..

Glenn Miller Ballroom, University of Colorado: Boulder, CO 5/5/1992
    attendance: 1,450
    soundcheck: Even Flow, Release
    set: Oceans, Even Flow, Why Go, Jeremy, Deep, Alive, Black, State of Love and Trust, (I'm Not Crazy)/Once, Improv/Porch, Suggestion, Garden, Leash, Rockin' in the Free World

Excellent show and sounds great!
  • Options
    stylo17 wrote:
    any link to download??

Sorry...I dont know anything about that kind of thing. I still do the old cd thing....would even know where to begin.....:(

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    My3rdEye wrote:
    So true! Some really amazing sounding shows from that era are floating around. I love the official boots as much as the next guy but there's something about a good audience recording that you just can't capture on an official boot.

And for the love of God people get them in FLAC! Especially for an unofficial boot. You WILL notice the difference in sound.

Plenty of shows on my site too for those interested with shows aded frequently. See my sig.

Good thread by the way. We don't focus on the music enough anymore :)

I would also like to recommend this one..

Glenn Miller Ballroom, University of Colorado: Boulder, CO 5/5/1992
    attendance: 1,450
    soundcheck: Even Flow, Release
    set: Oceans, Even Flow, Why Go, Jeremy, Deep, Alive, Black, State of Love and Trust, (I'm Not Crazy)/Once, Improv/Porch, Suggestion, Garden, Leash, Rockin' in the Free World

Excellent show and sounds great!

I was thinking the same thing....Seems all we do if argue about shit around here anymore...(zippos for fuck sakes, and even I am guilty ;) )...At the end of the day, it is the music that brought us all here to some degree, why not get back to basics and enjoy what this band is all about....making and performing AMAZING music!!! :D

• Options
    Super_FanSuper_Fan Posts: 249

The show is a PJ classic. Eddie did put a hole into one of the stage pieces the day Kurth Cobain died on 4-8-94. He did the same thing the next show in Boston which of course there is a picture that proves it. Eddie did buy the stage piece and I might be able to get a copy of the invoice that Eddie paid for that piece and post a link on this website via this thread.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    Super_Fan wrote:
    The show is a PJ classic. Eddie did put a hole into one of the stage pieces the day Kurth Cobain died on 4-8-94. He did the same thing the next show in Boston which of course there is a picture that proves it. Eddie did buy the stage piece and I might be able to get a copy of the invoice that Eddie paid for that piece and post a link on this website via this thread.

Would be interested in seeing that...Although, I am not so sure posting here would be a good idea. If you want to share it in a pm, that would be cool. Just not sure the mods would like that out there for the public, you know? Anyhow...Would be cool to see nonetheless!

• Options
    Super_FanSuper_Fan Posts: 249
    Would be interested in seeing that...Although, I am not so sure posting here would be a good idea. If you want to share it in a pm, that would be cool. Just not sure the mods would like that out there for the public, you know? Anyhow...Would be cool to see nonetheless!

True. But they love the picture of the ex 10C member nipple flipper back in 2006 in Camden. :) Someone was selling Eddies boarding pass from 1998 when he was in Australia during the Yield tour. I think that was on the board.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    yup, i shoulda been there. :(
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131

This should be a daily or weekly sticky, just a random setlist of a show, so we can discuss it.
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • Options
    scpjfan wrote:
    This should be a daily or weekly sticky, just a random setlist of a show, so we can discuss it.

I have been trying to do that lately, and they seem to generate little interest. I am going to continue doing it and see what happens. Even if there are only a few replies, it is better than the other shit we argue about, huh?

• Options
    Bump for those who have jobs and may have missed it!! ;)

• Options
    Peacefrog1975Peacefrog1975 Posts: 718
    30 year anniversary is next week. It was my first show. Still surreal 🕯️
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,955
    30 year anniversary is next week. It was my first show. Still surreal 🕯️
    This was my first show as well. Kurt Cobain news came out that day. That set a weird and sad mood for the show. I think they opened with Release. 
  • Options
    bizbiz Posts: 49
    Same! My first show as well. Drove downi from Philly. I just remembered the shock and sadness. But that is where it all started for me. Way too many shows later, still excited to see them. 

Thanks for sharing the video @Peacefrog1975
  • Options
    LS164963LS164963 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 140
    Could not agree more. The whole 94 tour was one of their best IMO. Saw them 3/28/94 at Bayfront Park Amphitheater in Miami. This was my 2nd show first was Lolla 92. Remember standing in line waiting to get in for hours, Kings X was opening act. I missed half of their set waiting to get in, until we all un-"leash" our frustration and broke thru a chain link fence and finally got in the show. It was an amazing night and the rain toward the end of the show made it even more memorable. Remember seeing police in riot gear when I walked out of the show. I've seen some great shows over the years and this one is definitely top 3 for me.

• Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,196
    I started at GMU four months later, so close.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    biz said:
    Same! My first show as well. Drove downi from Philly. I just remembered the shock and sadness. But that is where it all started for me. Way too many shows later, still excited to see them. 

That show definitely was the start of a long journey of amazing shows for me. The boyfriend I went to that first show with in 1994 has since passed away. I found out a few years ago. We hadn't really kept in touch after we broke up so I am not sure what happened. But thinking of that show reminds me of him as well.

• Options
    bizbiz Posts: 49
    GlowGirl said:
    biz said:

That show definitely was the start of a long journey of amazing shows for me. The boyfriend I went to that first show with in 1994 has since passed away. I found out a few years ago. We hadn't really kept in touch after we broke up so I am not sure what happened. But thinking of that show reminds me of him as well.

It is wild how much we have all been through and how many we have lost since then. Sorry for your loss. Hopefully you had fond memories.
  • Options
    edited April 1
    biz said:
    GlowGirl said:
    biz said:

It is wild how much we have all been through and how many we have lost since then. Sorry for your loss. Hopefully you had fond memories.
    I have very fond memories of the show. The boyfriend - not as much. One funny memory I have of him is that we were on the Metro one day in DC, and we heard some older people look at us and say to each other - "I think those are those grunge people". We were both likely in flannel and Doc Martin's - I guess we were "grunge people". We did get a good laugh out of that one.

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 495
    I was 14 years old and saw them two days before this show in Springfield, MA. my first pj show. they were at the height of their worldwide popularity. so good. such a memory. 
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    DB2707DB2707 Posts: 65
    My first PJ show as well. Cannot believe it was nearly 30 years ago.  
  • Options
    Peacefrog1975Peacefrog1975 Posts: 718
    30 years has just flown by, all the heartache back, then has honestly made me the person I am today. I wouldn’t change a thing. That show that night on April 8 was more than a show. It was an experience a gathering like-minded people coming together and letting music do the rest. Glad to still be here with you guys!!!
  • Options
    edited April 8
    On this day 30 years ago I woke up super excited for my first PJ show. Then heard the incredibly shocking and devastating news about Kurt Cobain in the afternoon. Then finished the day with the most beautiful concert experience. I can’t believe it’s been 30 years. Look at that ticket price! 

Post edited by GlowGirl on