Options

here's hoping Pearl Jam will cover some new songs this year

kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I'm hoping for...

Eminence Front - The Who
Red Hill Mining Town - U2

The first one I've been hoping to hear them play for years. I'm sure they'd lose the 80's keyboard sound... and Boom could replace it with some funky B3 playing. The whole band would jam out on this!

The second one is something I realized last night after listening to the 20th anniversary edition of The Joshua Tree (which sounds amazing) and it struck me as something Pearl Jam could do just as great in their own way. i'm sure it'd be very hard to sing it exactly like Bono... but somehow I think Ed could sing it in his own way and do it justice. the chorus would be a great crowd sing along too. anyone else hear what I'm saying?

All that said, I don't think there's any chance they'll play either song.

anyone else got songs they want to hear covered?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    always thought ed would sound great singing Jersey Girl. I was looking on the website a few weeks ago & saw that he did do a cover of it once in East Rutherford. I'm jealous. I want him to play it in Camden. That would make me happy. And agreed, Red Hill Mining Town would sound awesome. it's a great song.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
    I'd love to hear Ed do a pre show set of Springsteen's "Nebraska" or a full band version of Crowded House's "Something So Strong".