Options

Big Sandy Punk aka Running...

so at 17:05 Jeff says in the CBS Sports interview (link below) from last week that Running was one his songs initially called Big Sandy Punk (?) and Ed wrote the lyrics for it so maybe he just had the music riffs worked out and no lyrics yet?   Then in the release of the Running single last week,  my ears hear Ed shout "Jeff Ament !!!" at 11 secs and 49 secs in the song.  is something wrong with my hearing?...could be..PJ on full volume always.....Is this a shout out to honor his best buddy from Montana for creating some badass riffs....I'd like to think so.  What do you think?  

btw playing Dark Matter and Running back to back sounds amazing....over and over again...here we go!

Comments

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,331
    He is saying "yeah, yeah, yeah."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Manitou95Manitou95 Posts: 28
    thanks for the feedback....definitely 3 syllables...maybe its that....seems like some different words to me though (I still hear the words "Jeff Ament!") ...probably hard for me to unhear at this point.  :-)  the vocals are a bit buried in the mix so hard to tell...put the headphones on and listen a little closer.  there's also a bunch of lyrics/shouts Ed says at the end of the song too that are not in the lyrics sent by the 10 club in the latest email from them.  Maybe we'll find out more when the album is released in the liner notes etc.

who knows...Eddie has a cryptic shout out to all his bandmates through out the album in each of the songs!   "Stone!"   "Matt Fucking Cameron!"  Mister Mike Fucking McCready!"   LOL  I know its meesed up but hey! Enjoying the ride to Dark Matter release day!   this doesn't happen often and we need to enjoy every moment.  take care everyone  "I got a feeling...a feeling deep inside...Oh yeah!"  PJ circa 1991....Full circle and next level!
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,331
    If you isolate the vocals or slow them down, it's unambiguously "yeah, yeah, yeah."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,836

• Options
    kakolasinski75kakolasinski75 Long Island, New York Posts: 1
    Manitou95 said:
    so at 17:05 Jeff says in the CBS Sports interview (link below) from last week that Running was one his songs initially called Big Sandy Punk (?) and Ed wrote the lyrics for it so maybe he just had the music riffs worked out and no lyrics yet?   Then in the release of the Running single last week,  my ears hear Ed shout "Jeff Ament !!!" at 11 secs and 49 secs in the song.  is something wrong with my hearing?...could be..PJ on full volume always.....Is this a shout out to honor his best buddy from Montana for creating some badass riffs....I'd like to think so.  What do you think?  

btw playing Dark Matter and Running back to back sounds amazing....over and over again...here we go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=off7FNxXhmY

Eddie Vedder is listed as the song writer.