Options

US reimbursement for Canadian shows

darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,793
My thought was just to give someone access to my TM account to upload these tix to their wallet and then have them venmo/paypal me.

Is there a better/easier way for a US resident to get reimbursed for selling their 10C seats instead? I read something about Chase card users possibly getting reimbursed as Chase works with Canada TM. Anybody know about this?
"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    My thought was just to give someone access to my TM account to upload these tix to their wallet and then have them venmo/paypal me.

Is there a better/easier way for a US resident to get reimbursed for selling their 10C seats instead? I read something about Chase card users possibly getting reimbursed as Chase works with Canada TM. Anybody know about this?
    Do you have a close friend or family member that lives in Canada? Just ask to use their bank details. 

That or open up an account like Wise. 

Or just give them your login if you trust them 
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Do you have a close friend or family member that lives in Canada? Just ask to use their bank details. 

That or open up an account like Wise. 

Or just give them your login if you trust them 
    Thanks J. I don't have any friends/family in Canada. But I will check into Wise.

I was thinking I'd be able to unload them here eventually, but with the flood of tix I see on TM for Van 2 right now, that might be unlikely.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,791
    i just got my cheque from TM this week ( Canada ), it only took 6 months..they purposely make it difficult to get your funds
    the cheque itself says it's only good for 45 days!   
    i didn't think it possible to loathe them any more than I already did 
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    washed in blackwashed in black Posts: 832
    edited April 3

I wouldn't recommend that. There is technology in place that can tell that a ticket was purchased through a specific phone number and won't allow it to be added to the wallet of a different phone number. I say this as this was an issue with non transferable U2 tickets at Sphere.

The way around it was rather than add the ticket to your wallet, instead log in to the TM acct of the seller at the door and scan directly from there. Another option is to simply log in to TM through safari / whatever browser you have on your phone, and use that ticket to scan in to the venue. 

I don't know if PJ is using same safeguards, but since it's through TM, it's best to assume that they are.

ETA: I've heard that Wise is an option, as mentioned above. 
    Post edited by washed in black on
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options

I wouldn't recommend that. There is technology in place that can tell that a ticket was purchased through a specific phone number and won't allow it to be added to the wallet of a different phone number. I say this as this was an issue with non transferable U2 tickets at Sphere.

The way around it was rather than add the ticket to your wallet, instead log in to the TM acct of the seller at the door and scan directly from there. Another option is to simply log in to TM through safari / whatever browser you have on your phone, and use that ticket to scan in to the venue. 

I don't know if PJ is using same safeguards, but since it's through TM, it's best to assume that they are.

ETA: I've heard that Wise is an option, as mentioned above. 
    Last year walleted tickets from other TM logins did not work very well with Iphones for some reason. 

Pain in the ass all the hoops we have to jump through to get into a venue 
  • Options
    This is all good info. I'm in the process of setting up a Wise account now. If the tickets do sell, I should then be able to use that money to pay for things electronically while in Canada as well right? Avoid the math of the exchange rate.
  • Options
    This is all good info. I'm in the process of setting up a Wise account now. If the tickets do sell, I should then be able to use that money to pay for things electronically while in Canada as well right? Avoid the math of the exchange rate.
    You would be better off looking into your bank and seeing if you can open an CAD account I think. 

I am not sure of anyone that uses Wise up here for business etc but the west coast maybe different. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    You would be better off looking into your bank and seeing if you can open an CAD account I think. 

I am not sure of anyone that uses Wise up here for business etc but the west coast maybe different. 
    Got it - my CC does work in CAD when I cross over, so that should be well enough.