Options

Time For A Proper Canadian Tour (like 2005/2011)

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    Zod said:
    This was my first headlining PJ show in Canada, and it's poster (I had previously been to Lolla 92 in Vancouver, and Missoula 98).  I remember not buying this at the show because I thought it was small compared to the Missoula poster.  Then years later I spent $200 on a nearly mint copy.. lol.

zod this was an utter shit-show to get tix for this one in vancouver. we werent getting a show on the yield tour…cfox (radio station) got involved and i believe started a petition to get them to the pacific coliseum. well when they finally agreed the ten club could not get anyone tix as there wasnt enough time. even the normal tour poster (yield album cover) didnt have the vancouver date on it but the rest of the tour dates were 😢

I had no idea.   I did a Cross Canada road trip with one of my best friends.  We took my Chevy Sprint to Newfoundland and back.   I wasn't sure if we'd make it back for the Vancouver show, so we slightly cheated.  We visited some of his friends in Calgary, then went south to Missoula for a few days for that show, then went back to Calgary and resumed the trip. It turned out we made it as far as Kamloops about 2 days before the Vancouver show, so we decided to stay at a cheap hotel and try to get Vancouver tickets.   We were driving just past Hope and 99.3 The Fox announced they'd just released more tickets.  We pulled over for a payphone and call TM. We got some pretty sweet side stage tickets.

Went home the day after that.  I think I had one full day at home. Then the morning of the 22nd I run into my brother.... want to go Seattle? lol.

I thought I remembered the Vancouver show being on the order form for 10c tickets on that tour.  Missoula tickets were super easy to get. I got a pair of 10c GA tickets, but we didn't know if we got them (because 10c didn't notify until after the regular onsale back then), so we bought another pair to be thorough through the regular onsale.

Come to think about it, the show I went to with my brother in Seattle (the 2nd '98 show).  We went to the TM outlet in Victoria and bought GA tickets just before noon.  We had to hall ass to get on a ferry and drive south to Seattle.  We got up to the stage about 5 minutes before PJ started :)
  • Options
    Brisk. said:
    They play Canada like every other year.

I think this thread is more concerned about the other 7 provinces and 3 Territories than they are about Ontario, Quebec and BC :)

Pearl Jam in Nanuvut.. yaaaas. do it!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,078
    Zod said:

If they ever played there, might have to starve for the trip there seeing how much food costs.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,889
    Brisk. said:
    vancouver/toronto/montreal is not canada. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ‘05 was special and doesn’t get nearly enough attention as one of their best (imo). 
    Run for it, Marty.
  • Options

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,715
    edited February 16
    Good catch, D! 
    I don't use social media, so thanks for links!
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,455
    It's a bit confusing why this wasn't announced,  might have made the trek downtown.  Cool nonetheless,  lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    Good catch, D! 
    I don't use social media, so thanks for links!

No problemo!
  • Options
    JseeteenakJseeteenak Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada Posts: 91
    Zod said:
    Brisk. said:

I think this thread is more concerned about the other 7 provinces and 3 Territories than they are about Ontario, Quebec and BC :)

this would be in my area, i would definitely have to attend this show.
  • Options
    JseeteenakJseeteenak Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada Posts: 91
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

If they ever played there, might have to starve for the trip there seeing how much food costs.

you are forgetting the biggest cost for us in Nunavut, the cost of air travel. no roads so everything is fly in fly out. for me to get to winnipeg from where i live in nunavut a return ticket is $3,544.90. Winnipeg is like my gateway city to get anywhere in southern canada or if i want to travel the world. So you learn to collect travel points like aeroplan and hope you can book a seat on the dates you want to travel.
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 644
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    This was my first headlining PJ show in Canada, and it's poster (I had previously been to Lolla 92 in Vancouver, and Missoula 98).  I remember not buying this at the show because I thought it was small compared to the Missoula poster.  Then years later I spent $200 on a nearly mint copy.. lol.

zod this was an utter shit-show to get tix for this one in vancouver. we werent getting a show on the yield tour…cfox (radio station) got involved and i believe started a petition to get them to the pacific coliseum. well when they finally agreed the ten club could not get anyone tix as there wasnt enough time. even the normal tour poster (yield album cover) didnt have the vancouver date on it but the rest of the tour dates were 😢

I had no idea.   I did a Cross Canada road trip with one of my best friends.  We took my Chevy Sprint to Newfoundland and back.   I wasn't sure if we'd make it back for the Vancouver show, so we slightly cheated.  We visited some of his friends in Calgary, then went south to Missoula for a few days for that show, then went back to Calgary and resumed the trip. It turned out we made it as far as Kamloops about 2 days before the Vancouver show, so we decided to stay at a cheap hotel and try to get Vancouver tickets.   We were driving just past Hope and 99.3 The Fox announced they'd just released more tickets.  We pulled over for a payphone and call TM. We got some pretty sweet side stage tickets.

Went home the day after that.  I think I had one full day at home. Then the morning of the 22nd I run into my brother.... want to go Seattle? lol.

I thought I remembered the Vancouver show being on the order form for 10c tickets on that tour.  Missoula tickets were super easy to get. I got a pair of 10c GA tickets, but we didn't know if we got them (because 10c didn't notify until after the regular onsale back then), so we bought another pair to be thorough through the regular onsale.

Come to think about it, the show I went to with my brother in Seattle (the 2nd '98 show).  We went to the TM outlet in Victoria and bought GA tickets just before noon.  We had to hall ass to get on a ferry and drive south to Seattle.  We got up to the stage about 5 minutes before PJ started :)
    Great stories Zod and Mr. Perfect. I love these tales from what has to be thought of as the golden era. Keep them coming!! I didn't get to a show until 2006 so it's great to get some history from pre 2006.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

you are forgetting the biggest cost for us in Nunavut, the cost of air travel. no roads so everything is fly in fly out. for me to get to winnipeg from where i live in nunavut a return ticket is $3,544.90. Winnipeg is like my gateway city to get anywhere in southern canada or if i want to travel the world. So you learn to collect travel points like aeroplan and hope you can book a seat on the dates you want to travel.
    You're so far, Jseeteenak (best name ever) away if you work for the government you'd get an extra day to travel on your vacation!
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

Ok, I'll bump your music request now 😀
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

I did that trip I mentioned above where I went to every province, but I've never been to the territories.  I have this dream of when I'm retired and have the time to drive North and check out NWT/Yukon/Alaska.  Maybe even drive to the arctic circle.   Nunavut is the big challenge without roads, so I though maybe I'd take a plan trip one day.  Sounds crazy expensive.

I wonder if they'll every built a road to it.  I suppose the highways are already pretty limited in NWT and Yukon.  Probably won't happen :(
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

:o
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 654
    Bump back up after Vancouver show
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,889
    if they announce Toronto, I'm there. No matter how many shows. Got my Southern Ontario concert buddy on board. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,970
    Fact...Canada is one of the best places to see this band. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options

JimmyV said:
    Fact...Canada is one of the best places to see this band. 

Fuckin' eh!