Options

Join the Pearl Jam Running Club

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,928
edited March 22 in The Porch

Prioritize movement this week and partner up with fellow fans or go on a solo adventure.

How to Participate:

1. Begin by tracking your route through your favorite fitness app.
  2. Walk, jog, roll, or run in a shape inspired by Dark Matter imagery (e.g. spirals, orbs, spelling out song titles or anything else creative that you can imagine).
  3. Once cooled down, take a screenshot of your route’s shape.
  4. Now, post it! Tag @   PearlJam and #PearlJamRunningClub for a chance to be reshared.

Pro-tip: Jam to the Running Club’s official playlist as you hit your stride. Listen here.

Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,043
    I love this idea.
    Out where I live, it is just a bunch of huge country block squares, so I may have to cut through some neighbors property.

"Sorry, I'm doing this for art!!!"
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    ChrisChuckChrisChuck Posts: 31
    very cool.  We need t-shirts (tech of course, not cotton) with that logo!
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,266
    How is running not on the PJ running playlist? Talk about a missed opportunity! 🏃‍♂️🤣
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    How is running not on the official PJ running playlist? Talk about a missed opportunity! 🏃‍♂️🤣
    Nevermind. They updated it. 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,331
    When are they going to start a Pearl Jam Whipping Club?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Would definitely buy a tee or hoodie
  • Options
    Same. I love this image!
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,261

YES

I remember we had a discussion about this on here some years ago: Tech fabric running shirts (including women's cuts, please! and/or tanks) -- cotton is terrible for running -- please! Or team up with a company like PRO Compression and make some PJ-themed compression socks.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,043
    That's a cool idea too.
    I would get one!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    I gave up running a long time ago because it's too hard on the knees and feet. Now I get my kicks on the elliptical machine, and it so happens that I have done at least one hour on the elliptical for each of the past 959 days, which means that Day 1,000 will be May 4, the day the tour opens. Barring some unforeseen obstacle between now and then (and I didn't even let spending a night in the emergency room with a kidney stone on Day 508 stop me), I will do my hour on the morning of May 4 and then hop on a plane to Vancouver shortly after.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    I gave up running a long time ago because it's too hard on the knees and feet. Now I get my kicks on the elliptical machine, and it so happens that I have done at least one hour on the elliptical for each of the past 959 days, which means that Day 1,000 will be May 4, the day the tour opens. Barring some unforeseen obstacle between now and then (and I didn't even let spending a night in the emergency room with a kidney stone on Day 508 stop me), I will do my hour on the morning of May 4 and then hop on a plane to Vancouver shortly after.
    That’s incredible commitment! Good for you! 👏 And that’s pretty amazing that day 1,000 happens to fall on opening day of the tour. I’ll see you there!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,070
    edited March 25
    BF25394 said:
    Did you try running in the forest (as in not on pavement instead? 

Sounds like you are missing out on the bird sounds and the smell of the forest on the machine :/ 

Sea said:

Prioritize movement this week and partner up with fellow fans or go on a solo adventure.

How to Participate:

2. Walk, jog, roll, or run in a shape inspired by Dark Matter imagery (e.g. spirals, orbs, spelling out song titles or anything else creative that you can imagine).
    4. Now, post it! Tag @   PearlJam and #PearlJamRunningClub for a chance to be reshared.

Pro-tip: Jam to the Running Club’s official playlist as you hit your stride. Listen here.

That playlist is far too intense for me running wise. But i'll give it a try!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    And a headband!

And a Buff!

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    BF25394 said:

I've been looking at elliptical machines lately, part of that whole pesky aging thing. I also (not that you asked!) got a True treadmill last year, which has an interesting and helpful feature that allows you to adjust belt firmness (yes, it really works).

Back on topic: fun idea, but I'm not on Strava/ don't post my runs publicly. Kudos to the guy who traced his fourteen miles at an 8:30 pace, though.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:

I've been looking at elliptical machines lately, part of that whole pesky aging thing. I also (not that you asked!) got a True treadmill last year, which has an interesting and helpful feature that allows you to adjust belt firmness (yes, it really works).

Back on topic: fun idea, but I'm not on Strava/ don't post my runs publicly. Kudos to the guy who traced his fourteen miles at an 8:30 pace, though.
    I don't own one; I use the ones at the gym (or at a hotel). They're pretty expensive. Be careful-- the ones that are relatively inexpensive may not be all that durable.
  • Options
    Sea said:

How to Participate:

Did they make a mistake in picking songs with long talks by Eddie included? Goes a tad against the whole "pumped up" fast rocking thing the playlist is going for...
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 823

YES

I remember we had a discussion about this on here some years ago: Tech fabric running shirts (including women's cuts, please! and/or tanks) -- cotton is terrible for running -- please! Or team up with a company like PRO Compression and make some PJ-themed compression socks.

Given PJ and Patagonia have done co-ops for bags in the past PJ themed active wear wouldn't be out of the question. Buffs are a different story but I'd get one-though I have four already. Those things are addictive. 
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    What’s a Buff?
  • Options
    What’s a Buff?

It's a neck-wrap thingy that can be pulled up to use as a face covering or twisted to use as a hairband, etc; I first learned about them during the pandemic.

It's also a U. Colorado student. :-D
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    What’s a Buff?

It's a neck-wrap thingy that can be pulled up to use as a face covering or twisted to use as a hairband, etc; I first learned about them during the pandemic.

It's also a U. Colorado student. :-D
    Weird that I’ve never heard them called that before as a cyclist and snowboarder. Gaiter or neck gaiter is what I’ve always heard everyone use. Is it a regional difference? 
  • Options
    They've been calling them that on Survivor since the show premiered in 2000. I had never heard of the term (or item) until then.
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 823
    edited March 30
    Buff is a brand of gaiter. Guess they're becoming ubiquitous enough for people myself included to use instead of snood gaiter etc.

Buff have some rad designs though that probably make them more memorable. I have a NZ flag one and an Annapurna trek one I picked up in Nepal. They have cool natural site motifs too-like Mt Fuji, Aoraki, Milford Sound, Denali etc. Plus they're versatile and fantastic for gentlemen-if you've worn a scarf whilst visiting a urinal and had to do a half dance whilst craning your neck because your scarf decided to unravel mid wee wee then you'll appreciate the practicalities.
    Post edited by JT167846 on
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    There is a Wilco song, "Shouldn't Be Ashamed," from their first album A.M., which includes the lyric: "He remembers when they still wore gaiters/World War One..." I have been singing this since 1995 thinking that gaiters were worn on the legs. Now you're telling me gaiters are worn about the face and neck? My whole world is reeling.
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 637
    edited March 30
    Both are correct.